Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Le Saux quits BBC

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

i think the bbc media teams are a joke, they are terrible, ian wright is such a dope, le saux wrecks my buzz, alan hansen is a cheap andy gray, they areall terrible.

RTE are jsut old. Eamon dunphy, if the player isnt roy keane "hes a donkey" rubbish doesnt know anything bout football, he was all talking bout united criris when they got knocked outa champions league and how they will be mid table, how wrong he was.

And i really hope that atfer he called robben and ronaldo bird brains they turn into the best player sin the premierhsip, which they easily can be.

I like sky sports, they are fair and dont say stupid personal opinions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

thedoc wrote:
    I like sky sports, they are fair and dont say stupid personal opinions.

are you on spark plugs, 3 words: "the chelsea match". Rember the outcry with the messi challenge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Did anyone actually read my post , I honestly thought that by bringing up Ian Wright more people would go "Awwwww yeah".

Do other people not find him brilliant when he's on ? Am I strange ?(dont answer that i support dundalk fc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I also like sky sports. In general, I love the people on the soccer saterday. They are fun friendly and seem like a group of guys sitting around talking about football, which I really like.

I dislike Grey as he tends to pick up on something, and then talk about it all the time, two things which really annoys me are:
    His hatred of zonal marking for set pieces
    His insistance of putting somebody on the goal line for corners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Just a few that people haven't mentioned:

Speakers:
    Ian Darke (I think he is good and reminds me of Monday night football when i first got sky - although if you don't concentrate on the match you think it was 4am in the morning and waiting for mike tyson to bite someones ear off:eek: :) )
    Alan Parry (Good)
    Rob Hawthorne (Good)

Commentators:
    Alan Smyth (think he is honest in his assessments, although I laugh everytime he tries to prononce his "R's")

Hosts:
    Richard Keys (think he is good and the the 6.30 slot with Andy Gray does be good sometimes)
    Ian Payne (thought the Monday Night Fans Zone was great, pity its not on anymore)
    Jeff Stelling (Soccer Saturday is a good laugh, with the rest of the boys. Although for some strange reason I don't like John Saloko - it just seems as if he hasn't done enough in football to be along side the greats of Champaigne Charlie, McGlintock. Le Tiss etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

anybody but that robot wars commentator, he was mentioned earlier, i have to turn it off too, keep expecting the middle of the pitch to open up into the pit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

Presenter would be james richardson(think thath is name). Hes alright on live tv, but hes much better on hour long show.

Main commentator: Main lad who does spainish football.
    Other commentator: Gerry armstrong

Have to agree this pairing are really good! Especially since most of their work is done via a TV in Sky rather than at the games they are very impressive. Gerry Armstrong knows is stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

~Rebel~ wrote:
    Speaking of this sort of thing, does anyone else think that guy who hosts all the Prem Plus games is a bit, erm, effeminate to be hosting soccer? Just always seems kinda weird and wrong when watching it cause, based on his questions, he really doesn't seem to actually know anything about football either, always just the same bland questions that would fit into any match. Anyone else think this?

Marcus Buckland, usually paired with George Graham....both painful to listen to. George ends every sentence with "Marcus"....gets annoying after a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I like Soccer Saturday on Sky, always find it interesting, but don't think much of the guests they have during matches. It's always either a current manager who lives in the area, or two former players who played for either team that's playing. So you're never going to get a really honest opinion, they'll always have to be diplomatic and sit on the fence if asked a difficult question.
    As for Ian Wright, can't stand him. If England are playing and he's in the studio I can't watch the analysis, he bugs the hell out of me.

One thing I miss is the old monday night Premiership program back when ITV still had the rights to it. There used to be some pretty good discussions on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

for sparks to fly:

Alan green (presenter)

dunphy
    steve claridge
    chris kamara.

for boredom

ITV

i think conor mcnamara is very under rated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Host: Bill

Dunphy
    Ian Wright
    Big Ron
    Hansen

That would be the best mix

fade2black wrote:
    Motson??? Oh how I hate John Motson..I really can't listen to that clown at all at all.

Commentator: Alan Greene (Without a doubt)

Pundits - Ron Atkinson.(for comedy value)
    and Andy Gray (Cause like a big child I love it when I make a comment during a match, in a pub especially, then Andy says it soon after. If Andy says it, you know it makes sense ;) ) (may not be true)
    "oh, whats this its THE ENGLAND CAPTAIN!!! Must be a goal! NOOOOOO!!! ITS OFF THE LINNNNE!!"

Lampard THE ENGLAND MIDFIELDER has it!!!"

woeful tosser that motty!!!!

Rodney Marsh and Dunphy wud have some fireworks id say!! Marsh who is the English Dunphy in many ways defended Mick McCarthy during the world cup as far as i can remember. I hate that Alan ",mustBeAgoalForManchesterUnited!!!!!" Greene. The english George Hamilton

And as for John "Raaauell, Mor-eee---antezzzzzz!!!!, Lusisssh Garccciaaa" Toshack...dont even ask. i honestly think bill should be host as he can draw out the pundits more then anyone.

Host : Packie!

Commentator : John Motson!

Pundits :

Niall Quinn!
    Jamie Redknapp!
    John Toshack!

Jesus well done what can i say!!! You've discovered a cure for insomnia!!!!

Advertisement