Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brown tried to break my leg - Sean Davis

• 03-04-2006 12:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else see this tackle? One of the worst I've seen in the Premiership in a long time. I don't think there is much question it was intentional, you can't mistime a tackle that badly, and the fact that he lunged in with both feet didn't really help.

I'll post a clip later if I can.
    Portsmouth midfielder Sean Davis has accused Fulham counterpart Michael Brown of trying to break his leg.

Brown was red carded for his tackle on Davis in Pompey's 3-1 win on Saturday and the Football Association are set to study video footage of the incident.

"He tried to break my leg," said Davis. "I know as I saw him look at me and I know he tried to do me.

"I didn't want to go down because I didn't want to show he hurt me but he did catch me quite well on the ankle."

Pompey boss Harry Redknapp suggested the former Tottenham team-mates do not see eye-to-eye and said he feared they would clash at some point.

Davis added: "I think if I'd gone in for it a bit more he could have broken my ankle.

"We've won the game, he's got sent off so I hold no grudges.

"But if that's what you have to reduce him to then that's what happens. He's only an average player anyway.

"I don't hold grudges. I don't hate anyone - hate is a strong word."

Fulham boss Chris Coleman played down the rivalry between the pair.

He said: "I've heard nothing about the two players not getting on in the past, but there didn't look to be too much between them earlier in the game.

"It was a bad tackle, we've no complaints about that. But I don't see it as a leg-breaker where he has deliberately tried to hurt Davis.

"I'll have another look on television to see if that's any different but my initial reaction was that it was a poor challenge rather than malicious."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/4871264.stm

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Horrible tackle and Brown had no intention of going for the ball. He just lunged in two footed and missed the ball by a good bit. It was quite clear to me that he went in to hurt Davis. This is the type of tackle that the FA has to come down on hard and issue a longer ban. Shocking tackle that could easily have broken Davis' leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Clip: http://rapidshare.de/files/17096956/brown.wmv.html

Warning, contains shocking tackle!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

soapy where do you find these wonderful videos, i know where to look if i want football vids anyway

blu_sonic wrote:
    soapy where do you find these wonderful videos, i know where to look if i want football vids anyway

I make them! Any requests just send them my way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Thing that makes it worse is that he connected right on his ankle too. Horrible tackle and deservedly sent off.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    I make them! Any requests just send them my way.

DVD recorder?

Kingp35 wrote:
    DVD recorder?

DVD Recorder, Archos AV420, TMPGEnc, and some other little bits and pieces.

I should actually start a thread where people can request clips. I always have loads of stuff lying about and mostly just end up deleting it. Bit of a waste really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Michael Brown should be locked up for assault.

The FA better lay down the law on this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

The FA better lay down the law on this one.

Agreed. Shocking tackle. Keano was banned for 5 games and fined £150k for his tackle on Haaland. If an FA hearing finds that Brown set out to injure Davis on purpose then a ban of similar severity should be imposed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

terrible tackle and the ban really should be longer than the 3 games he will get. You can see from the look on browns face he had no intention of going for the ball

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

2 footed lunges like this deserve a lengthy ban

****er should be gone for 10 games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Scumbag challenge.

Should be banned for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

They both spent time at Spurs only recently, I wonder was there a bit of off-the-field history there?

Purple monkey dishwasher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

what a horrible lunge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

As a Fulham fan I'd just like to say, wtf Brown? That was a very cynical tackle. We really should've bought Sean Davis back instead of Brown, even if Sean Davis is a twat...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i cant be arsed to wait 58 minutes for the download to start, so i have no idea what the tackle is like.
    ive never known brown to be that sort of player. he was always hard, and he was always workman like, but ive never seen that side of him, even when he was at sheffield.
    in fact, id put him in the same catagory as davis tbh. both medicore players but with big hearts.
    im surprised he is capable of it, if indeed it was done on purpose.
    id be interested to know if there was something between them at spurs.

Advertisement