Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Site for Ranelagh: inranelagh.com

Options
  • 03-04-2006 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Can I draw your attention to http://www.inranelagh.com? I'm just getting it off the ground, so suggestions, comments and of course traffic are all very welcome indeed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

somewhat related! just wondering what the story is with bin charges in ranelagh?? do i need to buy tags to put on the bin or is it an annual charge? have just moved in and am looking at a full bin outside my house and wondering what to do with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭JungleBunny

Maybe could use a bit of colour?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭gothwalk

somewhat related! just wondering what the story is with bin charges in ranelagh?? do i need to buy tags to put on the bin or is it an annual charge? have just moved in and am looking at a full bin outside my house and wondering what to do with it :)

There should be a bar code on the bin, which is scanned when it's emptied. It's only emptied if you leave it out on the side of the road on your bin collection day - that varies depending on where you are, but you'll see other folk putting the bins out.

You'll then get billed (quarterly, I think) for the number of times the bin was emptied.

Make sure the previous occupant of the place is fully paid up, or you could get a nasty bill at the end of the quarter.

Maybe could use a bit of colour?

Colour is gradually creeping in there, and there're listings for businesses and events going in as well. There'll be more colour as I figure out how to get it in without pushing information out of the way. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Matches

I was just wondering if there is alot of bike theft in Ranelagh. Myself and my Girlfs Brand new bikes ( Only Brought on Saturday ) were stolen from outside Smiths pub in Ranelagh yesterday, they were locked and we were only in watching the Utd match.

Really annoyed about the whole thing, Gardi cannot really do anything either.

• Advertisement

Matches wrote:
    I was just wondering if there is alot of bike theft in Ranelagh. Myself and my Girlfs Brand new bikes ( Only Brought on Saturday ) were stolen from outside Smiths pub in Ranelagh yesterday, they were locked and we were only in watching the Utd match.

Really annoyed about the whole thing, Gardi cannot really do anything either.

I've not heard of bikes being stolen before, and a friend of mine keeps his locked to the railings outside the house - has done for years now with no trouble. I suppose it happens everywhere in the city, though - my wife had a bike swiped in Stillorgan a few years ago, and they vanish in the city centre all the time.

Best bet is to insure 'em, if that's possible at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

suggestion: Photos of the pubs, shops etc.

suggestion: Photos of the pubs, shops etc.

They're on the way. :) A workmate took a bunch of photographs for me last weekend, and they'll be going up soon.

Advertisement