Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smash ur guitars say yeah!

Options
  • 03-04-2006 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows who were the first band to smash their instruments at the end of a gig. Loadsa bands still do it to this day and its still cool!

Say yeah and discuss!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

The Who, I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭hallelujah

who?

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭dalk

Yeah.. consensus would say - The Who

The Move liked destroying stuff on stage around the same time though...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Johnny cash - think, (off to look it up) Jerry Lee Lewis set a piano on fire (and married his cousin)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Johnny cash - think, (off to look it up) Jerry Lee Lewis set a piano on fire (and married his cousin)

• Advertisement

lordgoat wrote:
    (and married his cousin)

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

lordgoat wrote:

yeah I think it could have been Johnny Cash, not sure though, yeah Jerry Lee Lewis was some mad fukkker, wasn't his cousin 13 when he married her?

slipss wrote:
    yeah I think it could have been Johnny Cash, not sure though, yeah Jerry Lee Lewis was some mad fukkker, wasn't his cousin 13 when he married her?

JC was one cool individual. didnt John Peel marry some 14 year old in another country before realising she was so young?? Music must make ye mad, does to me anyway.

*push laptop off table and runs out door*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

dnt John Peel marry some 14 year old in another country before realising she was so young??

He married a 16 year old while he was in his early 20's DJ ing in America

Advertisement