Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Egg Run for National Children's Hospital

• 03-04-2006 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi all

The VRCC (Valkyrie Riders Cruisers Club) is having an Egg Run next Sunday April 9th in aid of the National Children's Hospital Tallaght.

Everyone will meet up at South King Street (near the Gaiety) at 12.30 pm.

The route is Dublin - Naas - Blessington - Tallaght and there are some nice twisty roads along the way.

I hope some of you can make it cos it's for a good cause!! (and an excuse for a spin ph34r.gif )

Oh, and bring an Easter Egg or donation if you haven't got an egg.

For more info: 01-451 2212 or steelpony@vodafone.ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I'll be along to this with some of the IBF lot.

oh and if anyone is interested we are meeting at the deadmans inn at 11:30 and driving into south King street at 12.

Ahhhhh.... just back from the egg run. It was a good laugh. Lots of bikes. I would have to say near on 70-80. And one or two we picked up along the way. Some stunning bikes and great people. What more could you ask for :D

A bit tired at the moment. My arms are a bit on the sore side to. and we only done 68miles. I think the Rev-up for DSI should be interesting at 340+miles a day :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

ooops thought it was next sunday

*throws out calender for 1987*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭saobh_ie

Twas a great run alright. The trip in from the Deadman's was fun...

I'd say the supermarket chicks were baffled by the sudden popularity of the 3 for EUR9 egg offer amongst the motorcylcing community. =D

Was there any press for it? There were a lot of photographers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

The Press were probably over in Crumlin Childrens Hospital taking photos of them scooterboys and their easter egg run last sunday!

http://scooteire.3.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=1635

lol cool.

Question: Bikers are fairly accepting of proper scooterists, scooterati, scooter people, (not the kids with lids on elbows and a pillion in shorts) would scooter people be all freaked and stuff if a bunch of bikers turned up at thier events?

Actually to be honest, only seen one scooter dude at a 'bike' thing. That was the IBF Bike Show run, the poor guy got left behind in traffic at some point. But fair balls, he came out and had the buzz. =] Everyone thought it was great, that he showed not that he got left behind. I think some of us cheered when he caught up.

Anyway, looks like they had a big turnout. About 70% of the proper scooter people. =D

EDIT: Wholey Moley Mother of... when I joined the scooter site it said welcome back and logged me in... gah!!!

saobh_ie wrote:
    Twas a great run alright. The trip in from the Deadman's was fun...

I'd say the supermarket chicks were baffled by the sudden popularity of the 3 for EUR9 egg offer amongst the motorcylcing community. =D

Was there any press for it? There were a lot of photographers.

OHHH... your nuts! :D lol didn't know that ;)

Yeah it was nice ride in alright. My first time leading a group lol So much for Matts Satnav/GPS hehe
    I got my egg in the bus stop shop. They where fairly confused in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

posted by saobh_ie
    Question: Bikers are fairly accepting of proper scooterists, scooterati, scooter people, (not the kids with lids on elbows and a pillion in shorts) would scooter people be all freaked and stuff if a bunch of bikers turned up at thier events?
    Nah not really, I know some of the scooter lads drive "big wheelers" as well, everything from Transalps, old Nortons, the odd Harley, and even performance bikes. Had one guy drive to a scooter rally the year before last in Carlingford on his BWM 1150GS and dwarf the field full of scoots, still he own's 5 or 6 scooters including a tasty 1960s Lambretta sx200 and a smart 1970s vespa small frame.

I hope to get a midrange cruiser in the 2 months either a Virago 535 or a Dragster 650 perhaps. Also interested in getting an old DT125 or such like for amusement...

Have a look out for scooters heading south west to Killaloe this weekend, first rally of the season :D

sutty wrote:
    OHHH... your nuts!

Only slightly...
    [I'm everywhere, mhuahahahaha. (To varying degrees)]

Scooter rally... Struck with images of people listening to elevator music gulping down cappacinos. =P

• Advertisement
Advertisement