Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Cinema

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

bloodwolf wrote: »
    I hate that uci tallaght.I wanted to go to the 8 o clock showing of 2012 their printer was out of ink so the ticket was written, all it had on it was 2(for the amount of people the ticket was for) and 2012 printed on it.the girl selling the ticket said the person at the ticket booth that collects the stubs will tell you your screen.So anyway go to the girl and ask her she said screen 8 but looked confused so I asked(first time my gf asked) and rephrased it making sure to say twenty twelve and two thousand twelve she said yes its screen 8 as we were walking away my girlfriend again asked just to make sure that the polish girl is not trying to get rid of us cos of her lack of english.we waited for 45 minutes for it then the 4th kind came on.I went out and told some one that the 4th kind was on and not 2012 he suggested I see a later showing I told him as Im visiting my gf and have to catch a bus a half hour before the end of that showing that its pointless and if I wanted to see that showing I would have arranged to see that showing and not the 8 o clock showing then as I go to walk out so I can get my money back from the ticket girl the polish girl gives me a look and comes over to argue with me saying its my fault and that I didnt ask her 3 times and try to say myself and my girlfriend are unable to understand a simple digit then after starting the arguement she turns away saying whatever go away and starts talking to her friends I go to the managers and refer to her as that one (this is when Im off the uci property but still in the square)the young manager actually turn round and says Im not giving you your money back if you refer to staff like that.

It will be closing down this year so you wont have to go anymore.

Also there printer was hardly out of ink - the system was down so they have to hand write the tickets it's not perfect but it's better than not showing a film. I'm sure if you asked for a manager you would have been refunded or looked after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

It will be closing down this year so you wont have to go anymore.

Is that just the Tallaght UCI?

branners69 wrote: »
    Is that just the Tallaght UCI?

so i'm told

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I went to Cineworld yesterday and thought it was good.
    Particularly because they have a special offer on - 19.99 per month to see an unlimited amount of films!
    That's a pretty sweet deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭blue movie

so i'm told

Is the square not going through a regeneration scheme and last time i was up there there was plenty of sinage advertising this including in the cinema. I find it alot handier than any other cinema the ques are alot quicker than anywhere else and the parking is free if you get it validated when you buy your ticket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

The new one in Rathmines is pretty good. Not to big. Not to small. And just down the road from me.

Plus I don't have to go to Dundrum anymore.

blue movie wrote: »
    Is the square not going through a regeneration scheme and last time i was up there there was plenty of sinage advertising this including in the cinema. I find it alot handier than any other cinema the ques are alot quicker than anywhere else and the parking is free if you get it validated when you buy your ticket

i use to work there a few years ago so theres still a few lads i talk to - the plan was for the cinema to move over where the old woodies store is located - heard last weekend it was closing and was confirmed today to me.

March 8th the curtain comes down on the cinema

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

I really like the lighthouse cinema. The building itself is cool, its a nice place to bring the lady and they show a few films that you wouldnt catch in the cineworld.

But if you wanna see the latest greatest blockbuster I guess you cant beat cineworld and its hourly screenings!

Advertisement