Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Journal and map in oblivion

• 03-04-2006 2:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

I love the way you can set an active quest and concentrate on it including map markers.. however im dissapointed i cant add my own markers. I could in morrowind, although only on the local map not the world map.
    Also i miss from the morrowind journal the A-Z index where i could find someones name and then anything to do with them would show up etc.
    Its very hard to keep track of who is in what town/city :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

well i am playing it on the 360 and can definitely set a marker, only one mind but I can still set one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Haven't missed map markers. I just set whoever/whatever I'm looking for as my active quest and it'll put the marker on the map.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

You can set (blue) markers on the map. Shift click on it I think (assuming PC version). In fairness, it may not be in the manual, I saw that on a loading screen tip.

I generally enjoy the journal and map interface, I wish they showed a little more of the map and you had to walk everywhere at least once before fast traveling there and I mean the cities too, other than that no complaints really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I expected when i started playing and noticed you could fast travel that there was a chance you could be interupted by enemies along the way... thats what used to happen in baldurs gate. You would then have to actually defeat them.. or run.. you could not just travel quickly.

I admit i used the travel a lot last night as i found a dungeon with bad guys wearing lots of heavy expensive stuff. i could not carry much so i stripped everything i had in a chest till i was naked then grabbed what i could, fast travel to nearest town.. sell everything.. go back get more... i did find though that some of the bodies had gone.. one in particular with all orcish armour and nice things.. and new bad guys had appeared.. one of them had a silver claymor that did cold damage so that was a nice bonus.

This damn game will ruin my marriage :D Never spend any time with the wife any more :D:D

• Advertisement

Saruman wrote:
    I expected when i started playing and noticed you could fast travel that there was a chance you could be interupted by enemies along the way... thats what used to happen in baldurs gate. You would then have to actually defeat them.. or run.. you could not just travel quickly.

I admit i used the travel a lot last night as i found a dungeon with bad guys wearing lots of heavy expensive stuff. i could not carry much so i stripped everything i had in a chest till i was naked then grabbed what i could, fast travel to nearest town.. sell everything.. go back get more... i did find though that some of the bodies had gone.. one in particular with all orcish armour and nice things.. and new bad guys had appeared.. one of them had a silver claymor that did cold damage so that was a nice bonus.

This damn game will ruin my marriage :D Never spend any time with the wife any more :D:D

Man my girl friend will dump me over this just because of the smell alone....obviously i give up bathing and other cleaning regimes to play Oblivion. Finished Thieves Guild last night man what a mission, brilliant brilliant brilliant and what a reward aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

You wait for the Dark Brotherhood ending.

Advertisement