Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia N80 & N91 news

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭dermoto

Saw that alright. jees ive been waiting long enough. Another 2weeks ("or so") shouldn't kill me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Peter.Buckley

Yeah im so looking forward to this.
    Where is the best place to buy this online??

thats the thing. depends really. maybe when their released people could post here the best places to buy them. Im thinking expansys.ie (if they get there price inline!!) as i know a guy who will give me his vat no, and should get it without vat (heh! heh!)
    If not that, then maybe pixmania.com or fish4fones.ie if they stock it and have a good price. Expansys's current price is hilarious thou! over 900 euro. Nokia have repeatedly said on record the RRP is 500 euro. I wanna get a 1GB (or maybe 2GB on ebay) mini SD with this at the time of purchase.

Thats a great idea about the VAT , never thought of it and i have a mate im sure would let me do this. Cool
    Yeah i agree, im gadget mad but not mad enough to fork out 900 euro on the N91, thats just stupid!.
    I ll keep an eye on the site also have a look at these for addtional info.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/nokia_n91/
    and
    http://wordontheblog.com/n91/

I was going to go with the n91 but waited so long that I ended up getting a Creative Zen (20GB) so dont want to buy a pure music phone now.
    Besides, a N80 with a 2GB will be better, cos:

Downsides: 2GB vs 4GB (If you can live with this, its the only issue)
    Doesn't come with that stylish desk stand the n91 does!

Upsides: Not all stainless steel, but comes in a stylish black, which i like
    Has uPNP: not a big deal to me, but mite be in the future, dunno.
    Has 4 times the resolution. Thats an impressive screen
    Still has a headphone port (via a mini adaptor cable that comes with the phone)

Its a matter of choice thou. Its a tough decision for me! Gonna go with n80 more than likely.
    As for expansys, they ask for a VAT no and if u enter one, it removes the vat there and then. Just make sure its all above board regarding whos number it is! Ive fixed the guys pc a couple of times and he said if i need a vat no for anything, just let him know. hope the offers still valid!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Arathorn

So the N80, will this be released as pay as you go or will you have to join up on Bill? Anyone know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭N90user

Id say bill and sim free first

Cant see it being anything else , im sure that Nokia knows there is a High demand and as they missed out on the Xmas gadget buying spree im sure they are wanting to catch up fast so they will market the phone any which way they can. In fact i saw some posts somewhere for the Ntruck which i belive is doing a tour of maybe Europe? Love to see it come to Dublin , if only to get a look and feel of the N91.
    Have you seen my flickr group yet?
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/nokia_n91/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

N91 - Friday 28th April

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭caster

cupthehand wrote:
    N91 - Friday 28th April

Where did you hear this? Hadn't heard there was a defo date yet.....

• Advertisement

And what about the N80, anynew on prices expansys lists them around €900, what would this translate toin vodafone o2 etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭wirelessdude

can't wait for the N92

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

caster wrote:

its on expansys

caster wrote:
    Yeah on Expansys.ie they have it priced at 909 which i certainly wont pay, might be worth keeping an eye on http://www.onedaymobile.ie/ nothing on it yet but you never know.
    If anyone knows of of other online sites that are selling it please post here!
    thanks

I see that on Expansys.ie they have increased the price from 909 to this.
    Handset Only Price: €914.95 (756.16 exc.)
    Availability: Due Friday 28th April
    Cheeky!

Cant imagine many people paying that for a phone, will the operator not subsidise this? It souldnt be more than 400, 500 max and that would be pushin it for a lot of people

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

thats insane money for a phone even if it is really cool.

also I wouldnt fancy walking around with a €914.95 phone in town or sitting on the bus playing with it, it'd be nicked in notime.

Well thats SIM free of course, but i agree , i love my gadgets but im not fecking mad!
    Ill do my home work and se if it is sold online somwhere cheaper which im sur eit will be.

What does sim free mean? That u can put a pay as you go sm into it? What advantage is a sim free phone

Thats right u can in effect put in any SIM you like , so u can use any number you like with the phone.
    If the phone is being sold via say O2 they would have it locked to only the O2 network, at least thats what I understand.
    But by buying Sim free you can do what ever u want with the phone.

• Advertisement

In that case i'd imagine vodafone o2 etc will subsidise the price, prob around 400, isnt this what they do to get people on their contracts. At least this way it will be insured as well which is handy for an expensive phone

Arathorn wrote:
    In that case i'd imagine vodafone o2 etc will subsidise the price, prob around 400, isnt this what they do to get people on their contracts. At least this way it will be insured as well which is handy for an expensive phone

Thought I heard somwhere that O2 etc will not offer these phones i.e you will have to buy them sim-free.... But I'm open to correction on that...

Just saw that http://www.pixmania.com/ie/ are now offering the below.
    € 689 31/05/2006 is when it will be availble.

Got this together from the places that are advertiseing the Phone now.
    Most say they will receive the phones this Monday for shipping to their Customers.
    Phonesonline.ie €799 add €6 for delivery =805
    Mobilefun.com €722.247 add €14.44 for delivery =736
    Pixmania.com €689.00 add €13.00 for delivery =702
    expansys.ie €879.95 add €11.00 for delivery =890

If you know of a place that i missed and has a price please do add it here.

Thats still a ridiculus price for a phone, Is there any word if the operators will be stocking. Think id be embarresed telling people i spent over €700 on a phone.

I agree the price for a phone alone is expensive but lets be honest here, its not JUST a phone its so much more.
    4gb, Wifi, Bluetooth, Browse the internet, Listen to Music ( MP3, Radio) the list goes on, so in fact your buying a serious piece of Gadget.

I can see your dieing to get your hands on this! I agree it is a lot more than a phone. I'd be scared to bring it out of the house in case i lost it. Also I think the battery would be eaten up by all the features. Still this is prob the way things are gonna be in the future everything in one!

Got this together from the places that are advertiseing
    Mobilefun.com €722.247 add €14.44 for delivery =736

Do you mean mobilefun.co.uk? And if so, how do you get the euro price?

I read on the nokia site in press releases that the rrp is 500 euro for the n 80. why is it so much? Why are expansys trying to sell it for a hilarious 930+ incl delivery? Do ye think the price will come down, say by mid to late may? bout 600 is what id stretch to, cos i wanna get a 2GB mini SD for it too ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭ExoduS 18.11

819 i was just quoted for the n91..

Advertisement