Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia N80 & N91 news

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Peter.Buckley

caster wrote:
    Do you mean mobilefun.co.uk? And if so, how do you get the euro price?
    Yeah thats right , i go the Euro price by useing an online currency converter.

dermoto wrote:
    I read on the nokia site in press releases that the rrp is 500 euro for the n 80. why is it so much? Why are expansys trying to sell it for a hilarious 930+ incl delivery? Do ye think the price will come down, say by mid to late may? bout 600 is what id stretch to, cos i wanna get a 2GB mini SD for it too ;-)
    You mean get an SD for the N80??

819 i was just quoted for the n91..
    Are you getting that quote from Phonesonline.ie??
    It was set before at 805 Euro before that, so there must be demand for it.
    Ok , Ill admit it , i just bought it last week for that Price ( Hey You only Live once, plus ive no kids to look after )
    Ill let you know how i get on once i get it which i expect to be Wed or Friday the lateest.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Arathorn

Pixmania are listing the N91 for €649 and the N80 for €605 that aint bad but they can still do better I think

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭caster

Are you getting that quote from Phonesonline.ie??
    It was set before at 805 Euro before that, so there must be demand for it.
    Ok , Ill admit it , i just bought it last week for that Price ( Hey You only Live once, plus ive no kids to look after )
    Ill let you know how i get on once i get it which i expect to be Wed or Friday the lateest.

Anyone else bought the N80 yet? Looking for a site with a decent price that will ship to Ireland....

Thx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭dermoto

Havent got it yet. just waiting like yourself for a site with decent price that'll ship to IE. Decent price being around 600 or less for me.

Yeah, 600 is what I'm willing to pay too... think it will be down around that price as soon as availability has improved....

Hi guys,
    Well i got the N91 about 2 weeks ago and have decide to set up a good blog for it . I also own an Apple mac as well so i thought it good to combine the 2.
    Anyway ive made loads of posts about the phone, how it works , tips , issues, workarounds come havea look and see what you think.

http://n91mac.wordpress.com/
    Macbuckley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Just picked up an N80 from Phonesonline.ie for 749.
    Lovely phone, just a few issues with some unsigned apps on v3 version of the os but i'm sure updates will be released soon.
    iSync doesnt support the phone yet either, i managed to get a plugin to sort that, but native support should be here soon :)

Do you know if you can call in to PhonesOnline.ie in Greystones and collect or do you have to get them to send it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

caster wrote:
    Do you know if you can call in to PhonesOnline.ie in Greystones and collect or do you have to get them to send it?

I just got it delivered, was only a fiver and got it next day

Try email customer.service@phonesonline.ie, or call 01 2011983 between 9am-7pm Mon-Fri.

Has anyone bought from UnbeleivableShop (aka www.aspidshop.com) ? they say they will have the n80 in stock on thursday. Also, with a VAT no i hope to get, i should be able to get the n80 for 524 euro plus delivery. Anyone bought from these people before?

Also, on their site, it seems to be a prototype picture of the N80, and its called N80 Grey. I presume this is just an old picture, and they mean the smooth stainless?? I dont see this bland grey prototype style one anywhere else on the net!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

was browsing on 3g.ie and was amazed when i seen the n91 for 649

http://www.buy4now.ie/3G/productdetail.aspx?pid=417&loc=P&catid=2.2

must be an error surley?

Same price for the N80 too... alot cheaper than anywhere else at the moment....

Guys,
    FYI If you DO get the Nokia N91 or any nseries phone the Nokia Music shop isnt up yet , not sure how that sits with you but thought it worth a mention.
    Oh and also, the Visual radio doesnt work in ireland Either as we havnt caught up with the rest of the technologicaly advanced.
    Have a look here
    http://n91mac.wordpress.com/
    Macbuckley

I already 28,000+ MP3s, im not paying nokia for some restricted crap that i can only play on my phone, which ill have for an absolute maximum of 2 yrs. And radio is for listenin, visual radio is just a gimmick.

A bit off topic, but its like the iPod video. Video and music have NOTHING in common regarding how you consume them. I listen to music all the time, in the car, at home, in work, at gym, around town. U cant watch video at those times (esp in the car!) Visual radio is just a feature thats technically possible, like an iPod video, and seems cool, even thou, when u look at it, the idea doesn't make sense.

Also mobileplaza/caster, i went into 3g in waterford and they say their suppliers are out of them :-( Just emailed buy4now.ie asking do they have them in stock. Do u know if there out of stock everywhere? No one has them cept for a few shops charging crazy 750+ prices for them (n80s)

dermoto wrote:

Also mobileplaza/caster, i went into 3g in waterford and they say their suppliers are out of them :-( Just emailed buy4now.ie asking do they have them in stock. Do u know if there out of stock everywhere? No one has them cept for a few shops charging crazy 750+ prices for them (n80s)

As far as I know, none of the shops have them yet. 3g in the Henry street here in Dublin say they have an order in (but silver only) which they hope to get in the next few daysl.

caster wrote:
    As far as I know, none of the shops have them yet. 3g in the Henry street here in Dublin say they have an order in (but silver only) which they hope to get in the next few daysl.
    Got a call from a girl in 3g in waterford, saying she'll have a shiny new black nokia n80 for me monday! sweet! :):):):D:):D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 sanf

was browsing on 3g.ie and was amazed when i seen the n91 for 649

http://www.buy4now.ie/3G/productdetail.aspx?pid=417&loc=P&catid=2.2

must be an error surley?

I mailed O2 and Voda about availability of the N91. 02 have no plans to take it up but Vodafone are expecting to start offering it next month. No details of cost but I'd expect it to be dear, ca. €400.

Sanf

sanf wrote:
    ...but I'd expect it to be dear, ca. €400.

Sanf
    Thats not dear!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

dermoto wrote:
    Thats not dear!!

same price as the N70 when it came out on ready to go. play.com are flogging the N80 for 847.99 (euros) but theyre bloody extortionate for phones anyway. still at least its out, this means we cant have long to wait now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

3G in Galway have the N91 in stock for E649, im kinda tempted but migyht hold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭icemanjimbo04

Any ideas if the N80 will be available on any of the networks at all?
    Its really too much to pay €649 + maybe €40 for the 2g memory card. Should i wait or just go sim free?? :confused:

Its really too much to pay €649 + maybe €40 for the 2g memory card. Should i wait or just go sim free?? :confused:

N80 should be out soon. and if you can handle the wait i reckon you could knock 100 euro off that price. problem is it could be 3 to 6 months before that happens. still look at the N70, it came out at 399 for ready to go, now its 329. and when the N80 comes out you can bet it'll drop again so like i said if you can be patient stick it out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭icemanjimbo04

Just go a couple of mails from Vodafone and Three..

"Thank your for your e-mail.

We have no plans to launch the Nokia N80.
    We are launching the N91 in June and the N73 in July." (Vodafone)

Your handset query.
    Thank you for your email regarding the availability of the Nokia N80 handset on
    our network.
    I have attempted to call you to discuss your query, but I have been unable to
    reach you.
    At the moment, we cannot confirm that we will introduce this handset on our
    network. This is due to a number of reasons, and unfortunately we are in the
    same position as you, as we do not know what handsets are being tested. As soon
    as we know, we will post the details on our website, so my best advice is to
    keep checking. Our website can be found at www.three.ie

Not sure about O2 but looks like its gona be sim free only for a good while yet.:mad:

ah for ****s sake, what bleeding muppets are running those companies :rolleyes: i wanted the N80 because of its superior display and couldnt be arsed with the selection theyre offering now. guess vodafone just lost a sale here :mad:

ah for ****s sake, what bleeding muppets are running those companies :rolleyes: i wanted the N80 because of its superior display and couldnt be arsed with the selection theyre offering now. guess vodafone just lost a sale here :mad:
    Yeah, i bought it a week or 2 ago, the display is just savage! It makes the simplist things like reading a text message a joy. Plus there are 10001 other things that are cool about the phone. Unfortunately it doesn't work with my GPS software :-( yet....

Thats gonna bethe price for a while id say. Ive known for months the price was going to be around that. Nokia said in press releases last december that the RRP is 500 euro (excl vat) so 649 is about the cheapest ull get it for. Id say 6-8 months down the line, it'll still be over 550 euro.

ps: it is totally worth it. ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

dermoto wrote:
    Thats gonna bethe price for a while id say. Ive known for months the price was going to be around that. Nokia said in press releases last december that the RRP is 500 euro (excl vat) so 649 is about the cheapest ull get it for. Id say 6-8 months down the line, it'll still be over 550 euro.

ps: it is totally worth it. ;-)

This sounds good dermoto - can u tell me more - what sim are u using in it and are u using 3G? Did u buy it online?

Have you tried breaking out on wi-fi and using the sip client which I think it comes with? I'd be interested in that.

Amby

• Advertisement

amby666 wrote:
    This sounds good dermoto - can u tell me more - what sim are u using in it and are u using 3G? Did u buy it online?

Have you tried breaking out on wi-fi and using the sip client which I think it comes with? I'd be interested in that.

Amby
    Theres SIP settings, but no client comes with it. I have a standard speakeasy o2 sim card in it. cant make video calls, but data (eg: MMS) is sent and received at 3g speeds. ie: very fast. Wifi is great, dead handy. Bought it in the 3g shop in waterford. strange that they had the best price.

Advertisement