Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abandoning Identity

Options
  • 03-04-2006 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭

I need to change my name:
    I have just realised that MounainyMan could also mean Mount Any Man.

As if I were a rampant homosexual.
    Well I am 100% straight, Being gay is fine if that is what you are into b ut I am NOT GAY.

Please change my name to KingOfTheMountains

Please

KotM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Hi, you have to be a subscribed member to request a name change. Click my sig for more info.

You do realise that nobody realised the (slight) similarity until now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

Gordon wrote:
    Hi, you have to be a subscribed member to request a name change. Click my sig for more info.
    I can't read your sig for some reason.
    Thanks for your time, I will subscribe but not yet.

MM

Thanks Gordon,
    Am I correct in believing that if I did the following:
    Registered the name KingOfTheMountains
    Posted with KingOfTheMountains t

That name would be banned immediately.

If so why?

Is it something to do with tracking unique users?
    Also does boards ban IP ranges and does that create problems?

MM

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

We generally don't ban ip ranges (Bar cloud once banning cork) And the reason the account would be banned is because we do not allow dual accounts.

• Advertisement

I understand why dual accounts are banned; do people actually have conversations with themselves.

MM

I tend to do that, it's the only way I can be assured of an intelligent discussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

You do realise that this is all making you look very insecure about your sexuality.

The fact that you can twist your nick into a phrase with homosexual connotations should illicit no more than a giggle from someone who isn't insecure.

TBH, I'd worry more about people thinking you were insecure than thinking you were gay.

I've never had any problems on boards due to my being quite openly bisexual. The only person who ever comments on it is polmki, and that doesn't count because he makes homophobic comments about everyone regardless.

I don't really want to change my name. I am immature (astoundingly so) and like trying to amuse people,

MM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

pld. It was indeed amusing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement