Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

1,000 euros for VW Passat service???

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

You can be sure that I will crosstownk !

The GTI(all Golfs ?) is slightly different - turn on ignition without starting, wait til the 'fasten seat belt' writing goes out then press and hold the trip counter reset button
    TBH I was assuming it was the same as an A4/3C Passat:rolleyes: . Whatever your drivers handbook says - just stick to it. If you have a brand new Golf be sure to check the oil level every 1000kms or so as they consume a lot of oil when new. Make sure you use oil that is suitable for long life intervals because if you use regular oil you are back to the 15000km intervals. Check your handbook for the correct oil specifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I think everybody here has the measure of the main dealers, particulalry VAG ones !

Curiously, and opposite to whats been said my colleague had his A4 service in Belgard with only 20,000 on it, and it cost €950 !.It was its first service AND he was asked about the long life servicing, they basically use SLX oil and charge about €90 for a gallon !!
    My CLK was serviced by Park Motors at 11,000 miles for €150, then at 23,000 for €350, then at 35,000 for €400 !

All reasonable I thought !

Forget about main dealers and use a local guy you trust !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Efioanaes wrote:
    Hi folks,i have an 03 VW Passat TDI with 53,000 miles on the clock.
    I bought here @ 48,000 on her.
    Great car really nice drive and performance.
    Ive been advised on this forum to get oil changed every 5,000 miles.

Im just off the phone to Michael Moore car sales in Laois and they tell me for full service im looking at 1,000 euros.
    That includes timing belt and labour of 85 euros per hour.
    I mean can this be true?
    I realise timing belt is time consuming but telling me the price beforehand is a bit dodgy is it not?
    My past dealings with Moores was terrible,i bought a 97 Passat [4 years old at the time]before and a year down the line i was selling only to realise it was a former taxi car [which i wasnt told about]and cost a small fortune to get tax book changed over,i also tracked back servicing history of the car and rang a guy in the log book who claims Moores got him to mess with the mileage clock.

Really can this service cost 1,000 euros?
    Can anyone suggest somewhere else?

call bradys garage in castleknock(8213053) and see what they quote.i have heard they are cheap.but i will also need to call them for the my car service as i need one soon.

Advertisement