Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Watch out, Watch out, Plank is about!

• 03-04-2006 3:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭

I was listening to Pat Kenny on the radio this morning. There was a section where he was interviewing someone about teenage suicides and the person mentioned that many colleges were banning bebo because of certain disturbing content.

Plank...sorry, Pat, then went on to say that many of the colleges in Ireland were actually banning bebo because of the high load on traffic and people wasting time, etc. etc.

At that point I thought, hang on! I've heard that somewhere before!

Bingo! It was only been mentioned on boards.ie in the UL and WIT forums on boards.ie. It's never been mentioned on any national print media before.

As Pat is a self-confessed surfer, he must have picked that up from boards.ie.

Now I feel really bad about all the horrible things I've said about him on here (especially the one about RTE having to update his firmware, surgecially remove his tie and take the 6-foot titanium rod out of his arse at 8pm every Friday so he could present the Late Late).

Pat...I'm really really sorry I made you and baby-Jesus cry.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

he is still a plank though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Bingo! It was only been mentioned on boards.ie in the UL and WIT forums on boards.ie. It's never been mentioned on any national print media before.

As Pat is a self-confessed surfer, he must have picked that up from boards.ie.

In fairness to the bold pla....err, Pat, Ray Darcy was talking to some I.T. guy on his oul' radio show(Thurs 23rd Feb) about this very issue. Apparently some college/I.T. was bemoaning the fact that Bebods were hogging the campus PC's. AS IF !!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Ah he is an engineer so i will assume that he has some clue about a lot of technical things so maybe he put it together himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

The subject of Bebo has been in national newspapers over the last few weeks. I think the Sunday Tribune and the Sunday Independent (possibly others) mentioned it was being banned in certain colleges. The Irish Times rated Bebo as a "What's Hot" in its Saturday magazine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not everything mentioned the the mainstream media starts here first (yet!) :D

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

The banning of bebo in NUIG was a story in the Sunday Times a couple of weeks ago, though it did have quotes from Cloud, so maybe boards is the centre of the universe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Matt Cooper had a feature on it, on the Last Word too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The creators of bebo should die a slow horrible painful death. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mickd

Matt Cooper had a feature on it, on the Last Word too.
    Indeed he had the head of NUIG computer services on explaining why they are blocking access to bebo as other students could not access machines to do coursework because the sheep were gazing at bebo.

I'd say whoever came up with the idea of having that schools/colleges thing on Bebo is loving it right now. If it didn't have that, I doubt it would be as popular as it is now! I mean I doubt myspace has ever gotten anything like this.. perhaps only when some stupid kid commits suicide over it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Bond-007 wrote:
    The creators of bebo should die a slow horrible painful death. :mad:

Yes please.

Advertisement