Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB down for most of the weekend again.

• 03-04-2006 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

Second weekend running when IBB have had no service up what so ever for a large portion of the weekend.
    Last weekend it went down about 7.30 friday night and didn't come back till Monday. This weekend it dies early on Saturday morning. Comes up briefly once or twice during the day then dies until some stage on sunday.

Steer clear.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

We were talking about the outages in the upgrade thread... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I wasn't affected by these outages. That's probably why download speeds were decent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Upgrade thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

That probably explains this thread :rolleyes:

I sincerely doubt IBB will be upgrading speeds, at best they'll start supplying all their customers with the speed they're paying for. If ya get that, you'll be doing great! I'm glad i jumped ship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭pete

Second weekend running when IBB have had no service up what so ever for a large portion of the weekend.

No service whatsoever? That's funny, because I was using my connection all weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭vinks

yea that explains alot with the speeds i was getting on the saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

pete wrote:
    No service whatsoever? That's funny, because I was using my connection all weekend.

You blatantly misquote me. I said
    no service up what so ever
    and qualified it with
    for a large portion of the weekend

EDIT: apologies.

Also you fail to recognise that your connection is not my connection. Therefore it is quite possible for your connection to be up and running and other IBB users to have no connectivity at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

I'm glad i jumped ship.
    Me too!!! That was about two years ago now. I remember you posted in the same thread as me discussing the crap speeds Mutant. If I remember correctly your connection was grand at the time, mine was shíte. Anyway, with BT two years now and no looking back. Good riddance IBB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭pete

You blatantly misquote me. I said

and qualified it with

EDIT: apologies.

Also you fail to recognise that your connection is not my connection. Therefore it is quite possible for your connection to be up and running and other IBB users to have no connectivity at all.

Where did i misquote you? I think you'll find I quoted the first line of your post word for word. I disputed the "no service up whatsoever" part on the grounds that it was blatantly wrong - my own connection having been up all weekend (and all the previous weekend) being evidence of that.

If you had said
    Second weekend running when I have had no service up what so ever from IBB for a large portion of the weekend.
    then that would have been different, but as it stands, the wording of your original post gives the impression that you failed to recognise that your connection is not everyone's connection and that it is quite possible for your connection to be down and other IBB users to have normal connectivity.

edit: oh and the title of the thread didn't really help either.

Advertisement