Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ucas

Options
  • 03-04-2006 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

Did anyone else here apply to the Uk universities? I applied to a few and got accepted by St Andrews for Medicine. The points are much lower around 540 and you dont have to pay fees just accomodation costs. Its a nice insurance policy if I dont get the crazy points to do medicine here.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Two of my friends applied for Edinburugh or however you spell it in Scotland. One of them got her dad to write her personal statement (headmaster of our school) and the other did it herself, the headmasters statement wasn't accepted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭shane0312

Yeah they're really strict on that, if it looks professional or they know you didnt do it yourself they just reject you. I had to go over and do an interview and everything.The college was unbelievable, it would definately be a good alternative.

Advertisement