Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rs6 - Ohmyfg

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

How fast would you say that went? about half way thru it just started rippin it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

New one due out in May, according to my local dealer. 5.2 litre twin turbo, faster then the M5 and commercial tax too if you bring it in as a van which I'm looking into, can't wait.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

junkyard wrote:
    New one due out in May, according to my local dealer. 5.2 litre twin turbo, faster then the M5 and commercial tax too if you bring it in as a van which I'm looking into, can't wait.:D

There were pictures of it on http://www.supercars.net a while ago.

And if you get one do you want to take a road trip to Dublin to let me see? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

oh dear god Im dribbling here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Is that one in the clip not the older model?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

FX Meister wrote:
    Is that one in the clip not the older model?
    It appears to be alright...maybe they are testing the new engine in the old model?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Quite jaw dropping'ly impressive !

I wonder which is fast, That Rs6 or this Skyline :D

A little video I uploaded For ya'll : http://homepage.ntlworld.com/patrick.coakley/illegal%20street%20racing%20Skyline%20R33%20Jumps%20off%20Dyno.mpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

This is faster :D :

www.syntech.hu

Click on the video in the middle of the page.
    This is the fastest street car in Hungary(@ the moment), an Audi S2.

Just ignore the driver :eek:
    He is one of the guys who build the car (and got the big cash from the owner :rolleyes: )

http://www.freeweb.hu/ave/download.php?vid=0293

This is the first 10 second 1/4mile run of the S2 from the outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

wow thats so cool.cannot wait to see it on irish roads:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

wow thats so cool.cannot wait to see it on irish roads:D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

gibbon75 wrote:
    http://www.freeweb.hu/ave/download.php?vid=0293

This is the first 10 second 1/4mile run of the S2 from the outside.

10.9s is not bad for 1/4 mile. It's faster than a standard McLaren F1 or Ferrari Enzo but slower than a standard Bugatti Veyron

Here's an old M5 (8.8s) p!ssing over something jap (Skyline?)

Mind the world record is held by a deaf lady who did it in the desert in just over 3s :eek:

Oh,yeah,the scandinavian monsters :)

10.9 is not bad,considering the Audi S2 has only a 2.2 liter 5 cylinder engine.
    And the traction is ****e on that particular track (called Rabaring).
    When it ran 10.9 it was around 650hp at the flywheel,but the car weighs only
    1300kg (every bodypart is plastic,lexan windows,stripped interrior).
    This season it will be around 700hp+nitrous and a custom made transmission specialy geared for this engine and 1/4 mile.
    The funny thing the owner's friend with a similar S2 but with full interrior and original bodyparts (1500kg +/- 50kg) is in the tens now...

And same run from another angle here. Car is owned by some Norwegian dude

The fastest american drag race yokes can do it in half the time of this M5 :)

unkel wrote:
    The fastest american drag race yokes can do it in half the time of this M5 :)

Yes,but I prefer the real cars (real chassis,real interrior etc) ;)
    My car ran around 13.5 sec and I was quite happy about it :D

gibbon75 wrote:
    My car ran around 13.5 sec and I was quite happy about it :D

That's a very decent time. What car / mods?

1993 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4 (Alfa chassis with Lancia Delta Integrale EVO 2 running gear :) )
    Different camshafts (higher lift and duration)
    Bigger turbo (Garrett T34 running on 1.2bar)
    No catalyc converters and a 60mm exhaust system from turbo
    Evocars eprom from UK (and almost factory fuel consumption with this program)

From the factory 190hp to 300hp :D

Very cheap mods,as the camshafts are from a Fiat Tipo 2.0 16v and the turbo is from a Delta Integrale EVO 1.
    And the car cost me only aprx. €4000 in 2002.

That's a lot of bang for your buck. I'm impressed :D

I'd say one of those new RS6's with a nitros oxide kit should do the trick...for a while anyway untill it blows up.:)

The only problem is the RS series is heavy.It started with the RS2 in 1993 or 1994 --> 1700kg :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

junkyard wrote:

Hes wrong.

The new S6 is due out in July. It will have a 4.2 litre engine with 435 bhp. The real fun starts when the new RS6 comes out next year with in excess of 600bhp.

RedorDead wrote:
    The real fun starts when the new RS6 comes out next year with in excess of 600bhp.

Rumour has it that the BMW V10 is also well capable of that with a bit of tuning. Should be a fun contest :D

RedorDead wrote:
    Hes wrong.

The new S6 is due out in July. It will have a 4.2 litre engine with 435 bhp. The real fun starts when the new RS6 comes out next year with in excess of 600bhp.

I'll have to have a quiet word with him.:)

Details of the new Audi RS6
    "Let's start with a few numbers. The new RS6 will be powered by a twin-turbo version of the S6's 5.2-litre V10, which now develops a monstrous 572bhp at 6,250rpm.

There's 480lb ft of torque available from as low down as 1,500rpm, helping to shove the RS6 (in Avant guise) to 62mph in 4.6 seconds and on to an electronically limited top speed of 155mph. "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Sounds like fun! Rumour has it that the E60 M5 will look a bit slow compared to the new RS6. But just because something is faster, doesn't necessarily mean its better.

Not so long ago, the M5 had 286 bhp, now a 3 litre diesel 5 series has the same. :eek:

I'd say around a wet track the RS6 would eat the M5 for breakfast....I want one so bad it's not fair :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Apparently both the BHP and 0-100km/h times are extremely conservative to say the least. I have heard from one source the actual BHP is 603BHP and the 0-100km/h time will be closer to 4 seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭cancan

Another fat german performance car.

When are the going to realise that silly power is not substitute for light weight.

Impressive at the golf club, but these things have the finesse of a sledgehammer, and totally unsuited to irish roads.

Granted in germany where you have roads like pool tables these yoke might make a bit of sence, but around ireland cars with half the power but a bit of finese would whip one.

If you want to be surrounded by leather and electronics, do up your living room, and buy a proper sports car with the leftovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Dwilly

Official new RS6 pics here

• Advertisement

Dwilly wrote:
    Official new RS6 pics here
    OMG look at the size of the brakes on it! :eek:
    1219654-AudiRS6-6.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement