Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell half size PCI graphics card Issue

Options
  • 03-04-2006 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    I bought a dell from the FS forum there a while ago and it has this DVI output thats a 10pin (trust dell) DVI out, can't seem to find an adaptor to plug it into my VGA or DVI (8 pin) monitor...

Does anyone know where I can get one, I've googled and can't seem to find anything suitable and Farnell & CS don't have anything either

Will beg borrow and steal to get this computer going (for me Mum)

BTW its a small form factor card so its half to normal PCI height.

cheers bren

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

I cant say I've seen this Dell proprietary DVI out (because I avoid Dell as much as I can) but does it look like any of the DVI connections on this webpage ?

I'm guessing not and you have already tried a regular DVI-VGA adaptor and the pins don't match up or it simply doesn't work.

I don't know, my guess would be to contact Dell or search their site and see if they sell such an adaptor.

If you cannot find such a thing or no-one else knows where to find one Komplett reportably sell a "low profile" PCI graphics card which has a VGA out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Is this a card that came with the Dell? Whats the model number of the Dell?

Advertisement