Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hibernian Skanks

Options
  • 03-04-2006 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭

Ok,
    I did my Ignition Test sometime last year and got the merit of 30% - great I thought pretty cheap insurance for me..

[Male, 21, 1.6L Car, Full License, 1 Years NCB, 2Ppoints]

So I get my renewal in the post and its €1,390 over 10 months for the year (down from €1690)

Hmmm, I thought I might as well shop around just in case, so I get quoted €1,330 for the exact same thing with Quinn Direct..

I don't see where they get off offering "cheap" insurance to customers by doing this ignition test. And it only lasts for 3 years!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cheaper maybe?

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭comanche

Ronanom wrote:
    Ok,
    I did my Ignition Test sometime last year and got the merit of 30% - great I thought pretty cheap insurance for me..

So I get my renewal in the post and its €1,390 over 10 months for the year (down from €1690)

Hmmm, I thought I might as well shop around just in case, so I get quoted €1,330 for the exact same thing with Quinn Direct..

I don't see where they get off offering "cheap" insurance to customers by doing this ignition test. And it only lasts for 3 years!

you get more for your bucks with Hib - road assistance, wind shield etc.. however I am with Quinn as they beat Hib by 500! and one one else could come close. Would prefer to be with Hib though but you can't say no to a 500 euro saving!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think it's more that HIbernian penalise drivers who don't do ignition rather than help out those who do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Vested interest with the suppliers of the test me thinks?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

My cheap insurance only lasted one year with them...the following year I was able to save over €500 by moving to Quinn....I rang them and told them that I wanted to stay with them and would they at least try match Quinn's quote to which they told me they couldn't

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭cargrouch

I had a lot of trouble with Quinn. For the first year I found them OK - great for price, terrible if you need to transfer to a car that isn't your own etc. Going on my experience with simple stuff, I would not like to make a claim. That said, at 21 you are going to be rode no matter what you do.

If the difference is so small, then I would suggest sticking with Hib. Quinn boast that they are the most profitable privately owned company in Ireland - there is a reason!

*All the above are my own views as a result of several unsatisfactory encounters with the Quinn call centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Ronanom wrote:
    Ok,

i was in your sam eboat, i did the ignition. quinn might sound cheaper but you get much better service with hibernain.i have been wit them for 3 yrs and have had no trouble.i also get to dive any other car 3rd party even a ferrari:D (i didnot believe that at the start but its true) and quinn also give road side asistance and also windscreen cover.

i just think they are way better as i have heard alot of stories about quinn being cheap but if you have an accident then god bless you:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dts

I had to make a claim with Hib. Bus ran into the back of me so it wasnt my fault. they sorted it out so still have my full no claims no problems.
    The service is worth paying a little extra for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

dts wrote:
    I had to make a claim with Hib. Bus ran into the back of me so it wasnt my fault. they sorted it out so still have my full no claims no problems.
    The service is worth paying a little extra for.

yes you are right insuarance is a service that the extras are well worth paying for.if you cannot afford the extra little premium then try and do so by cutting down on petrol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭maidhc

There were the cheapest for me by over €500! Quinn wouldnt even give me a quote.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

In fairness to Quinn direct I find them the best of the lot when it comes to paying up on an insurance claim. In some cases they pay up even before the car is repaired......check around and see how fast the others take to pay up, 2 months to 6 months and every excuse in the book. Its no wonder they make millions profit, thieving ba$tards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They may be quick to pay up but they may pay up and not fight claims against your policy and knacker your ncb. They seem to eager to roll over and pay up where they should be fighting your corner.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Yes but Quinn seem to pay up even if you were not responsible!

Advertisement