Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Don't forget to check your current insurer when shopping around

Options
  • 03-04-2006 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just thought I’d give a heads up on this. I got my renewal from Quinn Direct - 1,208 euros. I shopped around and couldn’t get anything cheaper, so tried a quote on Quinn’s own website, entering the exact same details the price was 1,125 euros.

Rang them up didn’t mention the new quote I got and asked them could they reduce the renewal price, they claimed there was no way it could be reduced and that it was extremely competitive.

Then told them about the price of the new quote I got from their website and they genuinely seemed surprised, had to get a supervisor to reduce the renewal.

Took 45 mins on the phone but saved 85 euro :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

When it asks you for convictions...penalty points...
    Whats the code / which one do you tick for "speeding"? There's so many

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I have done similarly with the AA over the phone (when renewing insurance for me or my wife or our home) and always got a good result.
    I ask if thats the cheapest on offer and they come back with something cheaper, often by >€100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Most companies give a reduced rate if you use the web to apply than on the phone,.....it means they save by not having to have so many staff on the phone.....example: I rang Ulster Bank to get the details on how much repayments on a loan would be and the guy gave me details but said about 10 times not to ask him to do it cause I would have to pay a 45 handling fee which was free if I done it on the web......most companies are the same now

Only one I found was FBD who want you really to ring them.....which I find great and I always recommend them to anyone....Quinn has a **** policy!!

Advertisement