Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Water container for back window

Options
  • 03-04-2006 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where the water container for the back window wipers is for a 93 volkswagon golf?
    I don't think it's connected to the water container in the engine for the front.
    Can't for the life of me find it in the boot!!!

Anyone know offhand.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

All cars I've ever owned that had rear washers ran off the same reservoir in the front. Maybe there's a blockage somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I've heard that the pipe for the rear wash comes loose in the rear hatch. If you put the washer on you'll hear the pump. It's in the tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Yeah got it. The pipe connecting to the washer had broken off.

It was in the door in anyone wants to know.

A section of the inside comes off.

Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Alun wrote:
    All cars I've ever owned that had rear washers ran off the same reservoir in the front. Maybe there's a blockage somewhere?

I remember the old Citroen BX had a seperate resevoir in the boot. Them were the days. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

prospect wrote:
    I remember the old Citroen BX had a seperate resevoir in the boot. Them were the days. :)

I think Citroen just did that to be different......

• Advertisement
Advertisement