Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IRL: 2X08 - "Collision" [**SPOILERS WITHIN**]

• 03-04-2006 7:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

- WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT YET SEEN "COLLISION" -

Episode Title: "Collision"
    Airdate: April 3rd 2006

Synopsis (from TV.Com):

Violence erupts when Ana Lucia and her group stumble upon Sayid and the other castaways on the island. Ana Lucia holds Sayid captive. Kate and Jack care for Sawyer when Mr. Eko brings him back to the camp himself. Flashbacks reveal Ana Lucia's troubled life as a cop after suffering a fatal blow from a former suspect she trusted in a crime scene. Lastly, one by one the tailies reach the rest of the camp.

Next New Episode: 2X09 - "What Kate Did" - April 10th 2006

What did you think of "Collision"? 30 votes

0%
    3%
    R0ot 1 vote
    13%
    SelikJBoyle4evaBinkaNUTZZ 4 votes
    36%
    timeoutEarthhorseDadesKillaqueen!!!tvnutzEamonnKeaneshanewpokerwidowAgamemnonmarie_85lostirishgirl 11 votes
    30%
    CrucifixweemcdLagunagrumpytrousersdeisedollyupmeathfaigs**Timbuk2**Fuzzy_Dunlop 9 votes
    6%
    ElmoNecronomicon 2 votes
    6%
    Fighting Irishtrishw78 2 votes
    0%
    0%
    3%
    iFight 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

5/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Quite enjoyed this episode and Ana's backstory myself actually!

Gave it a 9 / 10 when it first aired. Probably would reduce that to a 7 in hindsight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

It was ok. I liked the Anna exposition, and I love Eko more and more with everything he does, but the episode didn't grab me much, so I'm giving it a seven.
    At first I didn't mind them, but those Lucozade things are really bugging me now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

This ep was good, the back story to Ana Lucia was very intersting. Her character is now more complex and understandable. However, thought the general story of the Ep was slow but the reunions where very moving. I gave it a 9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

I agree those Lucozade things SUCK!

But great episode, I'll comment more later but overall I thought it was pretty good. Some predictable bits like when Ana and Sayid were talking and Sayid was still tied up. She went for him with the knife and they were trying to make it look like she was going to stab him, with the music and all. But it was obvious she was letting him free.

Also, I thought it would've been good when Rose and Bernard were reuinited, if Rose took out that chocolate bar she saved for him a few episodes back. Would've been cool. Maybe she'll do it next episode. I thought the end was kind of sweet but there were better emotional scenes in the first season that made me cry. Though I'm kind of a wuss for this stuff so I admit I was nearly crying when everyone was reunited!

A good episode even though not much happened - this is why I love Lost!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

I really enjoyed this episode. I know the story didn't really advance much, but it was a goodun. Still not convinced by the Anna Lucia angry cop/mummy cop captain story but hell, it's a different direction. I didn't catch any other cast members in her back story like happened to all the people in the front of the plane. Anyone else catch any connections?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Fridge

I knew that she must've been shot while pregnant when it was revealed there was an attacker against her. I wonder what happened afterwards though - like did she never get caught, or did her mother have to pull strings to get hero ut of trouble, and how long ago it was, like did she flee to Australia immediately. I can't remember what she said when she and Jack met in the last season, but did she mention why and how long she'd been in Australia?

I thought it was really good, and there was a lot of action at the beginning which was cool. Then later, it was really tense when Kate and Jack went into the trees for the golf ball and you could see Kate looking at something and the camera wouldn't show what it was for ages! That was scary.
    But it did annoy me that it was obvious the lighthearted golfing would end up with them crossing the tailies path.

Oh and I thought it was quite awkward the way Kate was really affectionate with Sawyer when Jack was there.
    I know they like eachother (sawyer&kate) but they never really got that close did they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I gave this a 5 I found it a bit slow going I realise I'd seen the end half in the states during christmas. I did like Ana Lucia's backstory and I am slightly warming to her I wonder how she will react when she sees Clair with Aaron next week I hope things start pickin up from here.

OT: I see E4 have started showing repeats of s1 from last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I think they should change the name of this show to Golf, because whenever there's a golf scene in it, it gets that necessary injection of humour it so desperately needs.

Have to say I thought this episode was good, even if a lot of the tension has seeped out of the series (was anyone ever really concerned for Sawyer and Sayid's safety?).

Yeah, Anna Lucia must have fled the country after what she did but why was she going back?

My sister thought her mom (the captain) was one of the people that had been dealing with Sayid but I think she's wrong. I was also speculating as to whether Kate and Anna Lucia's past would cross over what with one being a criminal and the other a cop. Didn't spot any other overlaps anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

What was the clue in the Crossword that Locke was working on?

God this season is so slow.

Why did they feel it necessary to play Golf? Absolute waste of time. Even more so then last year.

Ah!

So they killed of Shannon. Why did they not go to see if they could save Shannon why did they not write in Shannon's death scene. Why did it take nearly 20mins before Shannon's body was shown to the audience. Why?

Ana's back story was alright. But she continues to look angry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Elmo wrote:

So they killed of Shannon. Why did they not go to see if they could save Shannon why did they not write in Shannon's death scene. Why did it take nearly 20mins before Shannon's body was shown to the audience. Why?

Ahh...she got shot in the chest and slumped to the ground,I think Sayid's reaction of trying to kill Ana told us she was dead! And with a lack of medical supplies,I don't think even Jack could help with a bullet in the chest.

Ahh...she got shot in the chest and slumped to the ground,I think Sayid's reaction of trying to kill Ana told us she was dead! And with a lack of medical supplies,I don't think even Jack could help with a bullet in the chest.

Still doesn't explain why no one ran to her aid. In reality someone would have checked to see if she was dead other then Sayid.

As a cliffhanger it was wasted. Just to tell us in the next episode that she is dead and really we could careless that you have waited 2 weeks to find that out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Gah! I can't stand Ana Lucia, she's so annoying and Michelle Rodriguez is a big man!!

Eko needs a back story because he is just so damn cool. Overall, nothing much happened though I did crack up when Locke saw Eko for the first time!
    Average episode.

They played golf, big deal. :rolleyes: What else are they going to do? It was supposed to be a little bit of relief, why is everyone complaining about it? This is the first time this season they've showed golf - and it's only a bit of it as well..the main thing was so they'd buump into Mr Eko.

I was trying to see if there was anything in the crossword but it moved away too quickly - if I get the dvd I'll have to pause it and see if there's any interesting clues!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Once again, i'd like to re-emphasize how useful it is to look up the discussion thread when the episode aired on US TV.. see it here!

And as for the crossword:
    EDIT: Just spotted a numbers reference on a re-watch. When Locke is doing the word puzzle in front of the computer, he writes in the answer to 42 down as "Gilgamesh".

I thought I saw was a clue about Mr. Eko!

Gilgamesh
    The semidivine king of Erech, a city of southern Babylonia, and hero of an epic collection of mythic tales, one of which tells of a flood that covered the earth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilgamesh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Anna Lucia's back-story didn't do much to make me like her any more. You can see why she's been such a hard-ass, but I just think she's become too dislikable over the second season to evoke any empathy, no matter what happened in her past. Although it was an interesting story.
    Eko is becoming my new favourite character, the guy is so cool. Can't wait to see his story.
    Overall, a pretty good ep; I'd give it a 6.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I thought it was an alright episode. I think that the episodes are improving from the start of the Series 2 (episode 3 and episode 4 were not good)

I gave it a 7

That Gilgamesh thing is pretty cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

First off I have to say I thought this was an excellent episode. I disagree with most people disliking Ana, I'm glad she got a backstory, I think she is a very strong and passionate person who sometimes makes a bad judge of character. I particularly liked the scenes with Ana holding Sayid capture, I just think they are so alike and evenly matched. I hope Mr Eko gets a backstory as he is becoming more and more interesting. The scene when he and Locke first met in the hatch was so funny. The episodes of this season seem to be getting better and better and I hope the trend continues...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

The clue was "Enkidu's friend", i knew the answer froma star trek episode i saw about 6 years ago (no idea how I remember). It's probably some allegorical reference to Jack and Locke. Here's the story of enkidu and Gilgamesh:

"Enkidu assists Gilgamesh in his fight against Humbaba, the guardian monster of the Cedar forest. Contrary to Enkidu's conscience, he cooperates in killing the defeated Humbaba. Afterwards, he again assists his companion Gilgamesh in slaying the Bull of Heaven, which the gods have sent as reprisal. The goddess Ishtar demands that the pair should pay for its destruction. Shamash argues to the other gods to spare both of them, but could only save Gilgamesh. The gods pass judgment that Enkidu had no justification for fighting the Bull of Heaven and was interfering with the will of the gods. Enkidu then is overcome by a severe illness. Near death, he has visions of a gloomy afterlife, and curses the trapper and the harlot for civilizing him, the act which lead him to this doom.

Gilgamesh mourns over the body of Enkidu for several desperate days. In a vivid line repeated in the epic, Gilgamesh only allows his friend to be buried after a maggot falls out of the corpse's nose. Gilgamesh's close observation of rigor mortis and the slow decomposition of Enkidu's body provides the hero with the impetus for his quest for eternal life, and his visit to Utnapishtim."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Good episode.

Whats the big deal about them playing golf, doesn't it add a bit of reality or humanity to the episode? In a real life situation humans would seek recreation and I'm sure boredom would lead to wanting to play golf if you could and there was nothing else to do on a desert island. It's not as if they showed it for most of the episode! People give out about anything that goes off the main story this season, what do you want them to do, just reveal the whole mystery of the island straight away and end the series?

People get pi**ed off when they can predict things too, but this happens with a lot of programmes and films, not everything that happens in Lost is going to be a complete mystery.

I think because it is so popular a lot of people are just out to slate it:(

I will have to re watch this episode. But their where plenty of things that could have been shown that would not have given away any storylines.

Playing golf wasn't good. It wasn't light. It wasn't very funny. And exit Hurley and Charlie when Kate and Jack go to tee off :confused: why didn't the two comic characters go with them?

It just was a waste when we could have seen so much more happening on the Island.

Also the scene where Micheal and Co return to the beach another wasted opertunity to tell us something more.
    People get pi**ed off when they can predict things too, but this happens with a lot of programmes and films, not everything that happens in Lost is going to be a complete mystery.

Unlike a movie Lost is a TV series. As such the show could run for another 5 seasons. Also as the series (like any other series goes on) the show will become more predictable since we are getting to know each character one by one with their backstories and their time on the Island.

I amn't slating the show what I am doing is being critical of the shows unwillingness to show more important aspects of the story.

It is one thing to be unpredictable, but another to drag things out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

God I despise Anna-Lucia, even with the new information provided with her backstory, I don't think it's possible for me to dislike her anymore, she's such an aggressive cow.

The episode was passable, still not moving at the pace of the first series, nor does it have its intensity, however, Mr Eko/Locke deserve a special mention for scene of the season

Locke: ....Hello?
    Eko: Hello

Made me laugh out loud!.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭marie_85

I have to disagree. I hated Ana-Lucia with a passion for the first few episodes, but can empathise with her now. I don't necessarily like her any more, but her flashback was excellent. I like how the show is not painting everyone in black and white, but is making an effort to show complexity in every character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Lil better than before, yet i gave it 2/10, id prob change it to about 4/10 now that i think but it wasnt a patch on S1

Advertisement