Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Service for Astra

Options
  • 03-04-2006 7:04pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I'm selling my '98 Opel Astra Linky in a while and I'm Getting it NCT'd and serviced before sale.

Just wondering what to make sure to get Checked for the NCT and roughly how much the service will cost me

Cheers

Mik

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd get it NCT'd first, this will highlight any problems. (unless you're confident it'll pass)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I'm Pretty confindent it'll pass.

And i see your point, the NCT prob will pick up things that the service wouldn't

But surely you can get a Pre-NCT service?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Any basic pre-NCT service should involve checking the following-

- Operation of all lights
    - Efficiency of brakes/handbrake
    - Fluid levels
    - Tyre thread depths
    - No stonechips/excessive marks on 'swept area' of windscreen
    - No leaks in exhaust system
    - Exhaust emissions within specified limits
    - Seatbelts present and retracting properly

....Oh, and a basic service always helps you chances of passing the NCT, i.e. oil and filter, air filter and spark plugs (if required) renewed.

(Sorry, Don't know costs of above as I do my own repairs/servicing)

Silvera
    ('03 Astra 1.4XE)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭pwee

Getting a pre nct service is giving the garage the right to rip u off. put in in and it might pass, i know a 98 1.3 with 198,000 miles on it that just passed its nct, nothing ever changed apart from tb and oil filter air filter, no bearings shocks. It was a japanese car tho.;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Cheers,

Think I'll prob just put it in and see what happens
    Fingers crossed :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement