Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit union loan

Options
  • 03-04-2006 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭

I'm quite financially retarded. I have a credit union account and have a semi-decent amount of money in it. No idea what type of account it is though (if there are different types?). I'm looking to take out a holiday loan, creditunion.ie don't seem to offer any information as to how much you can take out. I've heard off some people it's twice what you have in and off others that it's three times.

How much is it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

The general rule is 3 times your share( Savings) but most credit unions will load you a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Cheers much appreciated. On the higher loans would they be chargin steeper interest rates? Would they give it to a student who couldn't show they're earning a regular wage?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

The rates are the same no matter what the loan amount is. AFAIK they base the ability to repay on the regularity of your savings etc

Advertisement