Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Repair, refund replacement?

• 03-04-2006 8:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

I bought a SE K700i in a fairly large chain store towards the end of january. By the end of february the joystick had started to become dodgy. I left the phone in to be repaired in the first week in january. It being a pre pay phone it had to be sent back to be repaired. That's no problem, i expected that. The probelm with the joystick was tempermental. I finally got the phone back on saturday. When i first started to use the phone it didn't feel right. The SE K700i has two menu buttons on the top, left and right. These were perfect when i sent the phone back. The left one works still, but it doesn't go down the full way. The joystick seems to be a bit slow sometimes, so i thnk it will go back to the way it was.
    Now, my biggest problem i discovered yesterday morning (the day after i got the phone back). There is dust behind the screen, and quite a lot of it. The phone is a sealed unit, i.e., it does not have Xpress on covers, so i have no way of getting it out of there.
    I will be going back with it tomorrow. Can i demand a replacement, as the repair was has left the phone in a worse state than when i sent it off, and this is not acceptable. ATM I've had the phone for just over two months, and for 3 & 1/2 weeks it has been out for repair.
    Any opinions or advice?
    Thanks,
    Ciarán.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

did you buy sim free?

Voda usually replace a phone if it's been in 3 times to get fixed

not too sure about the other networks.

But generally if the phone is not of Merchantable Quality you are entitled to a refund ( I think ) have to look up my old law book:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Repair, Replacement or Refund is at the discretion of the seller. Since the K700i is more or less a finished model, you could probably get a refund since the original repair botched it up, but I wouldn't expect it to be easy. Most stores have their hands tied by Sigma and policies from higher levels, and that states that refunds and exchanges only within 28 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Aye, i know the old 28 day rule. It has been my first non sim free phone. Meteor. I'll go in tomorrow and complain. I'll let ye know how I get on. I really don't have time for this crap at the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭roger 2006 yeah

bring it to MPRC, the networks will just mess you around..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

MPRC?
    I'm not paying to get it done. I've used the phone for little over a month.
    EDIT: I see they do it free under warranty. Cheers!

• Advertisement
Advertisement