Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another CSS problem

Options
  • 03-04-2006 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭

Hi

The problem is that I'm not seeing any problem with this CSS menu. I got the CSS script from somewhere and put into my Joomla site. The CSS is meant to work out wt most browsers out there ie. IE, FF, Opera

http://www.nadasepakatgroup.com

I received a complaint from one friend and he says sthing like this :
    Please change the highlight of the menu tab to avoid the sub-menus to be obliterated by the dark shades, which makes it impossible to click on the respective sub-menus.

I have tested the page on Opera, IE and FF and found no problem. I'm wrecking my head now but I'm getting back to this friend to figure out what browsers and resolution he is using.

At the mean time, if anyone possibly encounters any issue wt the menu. Plus, some comments on the design, i only did minor modification from a template by templatesbox.com

Mart

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Cant see any problem with the css - maybe an issue if your friend is working on a Mac? or even IE7 beta :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

No problems on Mac OS X:
    Firefox
    Camino
    Opera

A minor problem on Safari where the menu items flick a little when you pass between each vertical item. It's like the size of the height of each menu item increases slightly on rollover. Or reduces slightly on rollover.

Explorer 5.2.3 doesn't give a sub menu.

Netscape 7.2 gives a clipped width for sub menu items, but you can at least select the items you want. See attachment.

All in all the menu works on all browsers for Mac that I have (except IE but that's of no relevance any more I reckon).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

ooh jeez...

so much variations on different browsers... but thank you lads... :p

now i have to hold this to weekend to really get digging with the codes... if only i know much about CSS and HTML... :D

tbh, it is all copy, paste, trial and error. i'm sure there's a lot better coding of CSS menu somewhere out there... but for sure i'm not going with flash...

argh...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Don't want to sound overly anal but would that navigation be standards- compliant? It's very like DHTML.

From an accessibility/usability point of view (which is not as big an issue for non-public sector websites of course) that type of nav wouldn't be best practice. Even for me it seems a little fiddly. If you don't poisition the mouse carefully the drop-nav disappears.

Advertisement