Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2nd try-Watched Family guy for the first time

• 03-04-2006 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe this will work this time :)

I just had Family Guy on fox and watched it for the first time in full. Im not sure if this episode I watched was new in Ireland or not. It was
    where Lois got her brother out of the asylum.
    I found the episode to be funny, but some of the jokes dragged on a bit too much, funny but went on too long. I wouldnt be classed as a Family Guy fan. Are the rest of them any good?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Family guy is in my opinion the best adult cartoon on the TV. and the Stewie the untold story funny as fook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Family guy is in my opinion the best adult cartoon on the TV. and the Stewie the untold story funny as fook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Ruu wrote:
    Maybe this will work this time :)

I just had Family Guy on fox and watched it for the first time in full. Im not sure if this episode I watched was new in Ireland or not.

Just to clarify for me, was this an internet download or was this watched on the UK channel FX owned by FOX.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

As above.
    Saying that some episodes aren't as funny as others but I've never watched an episode I thought was ****e.You get plenty of those with The Simpsons+South Park.
    Get the box set. Money well spent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Lois has a brother, Patrick, that was unknown to Lois until the fourth season episode "The Fat Guy Strangler." He was placed in an asylum due to walking in on his mother and Jackie Gleason having oral sex which caused him to become a serial killer of fat men. He is annoyed when fat people, especially Peter, say "Pow! Right in the kisser!" a la Gleason's character in The Honeymooners, Ralph Kramden.

Found on WikipediA

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You can download them off the internet now!! tut tut ;)

JBoyle4eva, Im in the US so it was my local Fox channel, its on every Sunday along with Simpsons. Must watch a couple more so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

Did anyone see the newest episode Deep Throats? WORST EPISODE EVER

I used to love Family Guy but since they returned with season four its got gradually worse and worse. Great characters like Quagmire, the sailor guy with no legs, and the blackie weatherman have been used so much that theyre just not funny anymore.
    South Park got it right in the Cartoon Wars episodes.
    Anyone agree?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

castagnoli wrote:
    South Park got it right in the Cartoon Wars episodes.
    Anyone agree?

yes i agree.

the guys in south park got it 100% they couldn't pin down family guy any better if they tried, despite this i still think family guy is funny, but what the guys in south park showed us the spontaneous of family guys jokes whilst being funny irritate me.

you'll be there riding a bus/dart or whatever and a family guy comes into your head. you laugh inside at it so much that you say "i got to watch that when i get home", then when you get home you can't find what freaking episode that joke is in cause every single episode has these "nothing to do with the plot" jokes.

eg. "Hey Brian, remember the time i got a job as a carrotcake?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭ChityWest

The SouthPark Manatees slagging is pretty accurate in my opinion. It is totally surreal and random & there isnt much of a plot in any of them imo - but they are still pretty funny sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

Kyle: Cartman, get me out of this stupid net!!!
    Cartman: Good Kyle, thats good anger you're showing there. See that? Thats emotional character development based on whats happening in the storyline.....not at all like Family Guy.
    Now if you excuse me Kyle, Ive got some idea balls to remove from a manatee tank.

:)

I do like Family Guy but its not as consistantly brilliant as South Park

• Advertisement
Advertisement