Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car repairs - expenses

Options
  • 03-04-2006 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

I have a part time business and i use my car for business purposes aswell as personal so i am logging the mileage that it is used for business purposes.
    This is my first year of trading so i havent put in expenses figures for the business yet. I suppose i put in a percentage of the money i spend on fuel as a business expense against tax based on the mileage i've done for the business; but my question is about the repairs ( tyres/service/shocks etc) and also the tax and insurance - can i deduct these as legitimate business expenses also as well as fuel and if so then how do i aportion it - for instance if 50% of my mileage was business related then could i deduct half of my fuel, insurance, tax, repairs etc as legitimate business expenses?
    I have similar questions regarding my house/house expenses which i use as a place of business also reguarding what i can claim business expenses - i was told by one person that i could deduct 1/3 of my heating, esb and telephone bill.

thanks

Advertisement