Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD and Xbox 360

• 03-04-2006 10:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭

Im a bit of a spa when it comes to these things, so I was wondering if someone could help me out.

I have an Xbox 360 and about 1200 quid to blow on a HDTV of my choice to make it look a lot prettier than it currently does on my crap TV.

Now I would love to get some advice or opinions. Firstly on what TV to go for. Im looking at 26" because my room isnt huge.

Mainly what I need advice on is the general concept of HD.

What kind of cables will I need to connect my 360?

Ive seen talk of the 360 showing 1080i resolutions, can this be shown on all HD TV's?

Can I connect my old DVD player to a new HDTV with SCART cables?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭quazzy

Draupnir wrote:
    Im a bit of a spa when it comes to these things, so I was wondering if someone could help me out.

I have an Xbox 360 and about 1200 quid to blow on a HDTV of my choice to make it look a lot prettier than it currently does on my crap TV.

Now I would love to get some advice or opinions. Firstly on what TV to go for. Im looking at 26" because my room isnt huge.
    Look Here for a list of 26" TV: http://www.komplett.ie/k/kl.asp?bn=10615

I'd recommend Samsung myself, and I think that microsoft used them for all the Xbox360 Demos.
    Draupnir wrote:
    Mainly what I need advice on is the general concept of HD.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_definition_television
    Draupnir wrote:
    What kind of cables will I need to connect my 360?
    360 should have come with component cables ( Red,Green and Blue)
    Most, if not all HD TVs come with inputs for these types of connections
    Draupnir wrote:
    Ive seen talk of the 360 showing 1080i resolutions, can this be shown on all HD TV's?
    mmmm I dont think all TVs will you may have to google about.
    Draupnir wrote:
    Can I connect my old DVD player to a new HDTV with SCART cables?

And Finally.....YES.

Hope this answers your questions or points u in the right direction

Q

Advertisement