Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Help Urgent!!!!!!!!

• 03-04-2006 10:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

Alright ppl i unlocked my phone today samsung zv10 and currently using my meteor sim but it wont allow me make calls or recieve um , anybody hear of this also wen checkin cred restricted by network???

Help asap!!!!!!!! Please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Go into settings and network mode and make sure it's on GSM.
    It might be trying to pick up a 3G signal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

no man didn work, but i rang meteor and they said my sim is out of date 16k sim and i need a 32 and they sendin it for free!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Chubb76 wrote:
    no man didn work, but i rang meteor and they said my sim is out of date 16k sim and i need a 32 and they sendin it for free!!

that must be the problem but if it is the problem then why did the phone work before you unlocked it:rolleyes:

it was a voda sim b4 see, mayb my sim is out of date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Chubb76 wrote:
    it was a voda sim b4 see, mayb my sim is out of date?

a sim shoulnot just go out of date but if its a 3g phone then that might be the issue

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭roger 2006 yeah

the samsung will work on gsm too. the problem is the sim card. go into meteor and ask them to give you a new sim card and make sure you ask them to back up your numbers onto the new sim card.

ok got the new sim still no joy wat do i do now ??? Will it ever work or idstant not to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

If you got a new sim card and you can't send/recieve messages I'd say its down to a mis-configuration of the settings for your message center and MMS settings.

Are you even getting a meteor signal? If you are then you should have no problem in making & recieving calls.

no i can send text only messages tht it tho !!! Can make calls it jus ends , and wemn i go to check my cred it says rejected by network!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Common problem when using 2g sims in unlocked 3g phones. Happened alot with people using unlocked v800s - this was solved by flashing the phone with z800 firmware but seeing as the zv10 was made specifically for voda 3g you may not be able to solve the problem at all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I had the exact same problem. I noted that when you were in a poor meteor coverage area and was put onto O2 you could make a call. In short, not manageable.

so how wud i go about firmwareing it?? also mark tht work then ?

also iv edownloaded some firmware thing to put it on my phone but wat firmware wud u suggest trying?????

i beg if anyone knows lease help me out on my knees here ppl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The zv10 was made specifically for Vodafone 3g so its unlikely you will get your Meteor sim working properly in it at all.

even if u firmware it man??

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

3G handset on a 2G network, don't think you can get it to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

MarkR wrote:
    3G handset on a 2G network, don't think you can get it to work.
    yes you can there's an option to select gsm mode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

HavoK wrote:
    The zv10 was made specifically for Vodafone 3g so its unlikely you will get your Meteor sim working properly in it at all.

Exactly.
    You will not get firmware for the ZV10 other than vodafone firmware.
    All the VF live settings screw it up.
    You will deffo not be able to use wap.

Advertisement