Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

****Kildare Dragons RFC Maynooth April Sat 22nd****

• 03-04-2006 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭

This is the first tournament Ive organised and pimped on Boards. Its for a rugby team I founded and am chairman of so it will be well run and not a crapshoot. I've appointed a fairly decent TD. ;)

1. Who is running the event (organisation, society etc.) Kildare Dragons RFC and BigDragon
    2. The purpose of the event (charity, commercial etc.)Raise funds for new kit etc as we dont have a team sponsor
    3. Date and Location of event Sat 22nd April North Kildare Club (Between Maynooth and Kilcock on old Dublin Road)
    4. Registration and Start time of event. 8pm Reg for 8.30 start
    5. Any prerequisites (member of club, society etc) No
    6. How can tickets be purchased & is there a maximum number (in advance, at the door etc.) No
    7. Type of Tournament (Hold'em/Omaha etc Freezeout/Rebuy etc.) NL Hold'em with rebuys
    8. Cost of entry and any subsequent rebuys/top-ups etc. €100 + and €25 for rebuys
    9. Cost of registration €25 reg
    10. % of entry fee/rebuys/top-up going into Prize fund All entry into prizepool and most of rebuys (depends on numbers versus costs) Will be announce, clear and reasonible
    11. Any guarenteed prize pool. No
    12. If applicable, Number of re-buys allowed and over what time frame/blind levels. Unlimited till break. Period TBA
    13. Starting Chips TBA
    14. Rebuy and Top-up chip amounts. TBA
    15. Blind levels TBA
    16. Blind timeframes TBA
    17. Places being paid and if any prizes are other than cash (free entry to other tournie, merchandice etc) Approx top 10%
    18. Are there going to be dealers - and their level of skill TBA
    19. Will there be a documented list of rules Yes
    20. Is there a tournament director Yes Luke Ivory
    21. How are disputes handled - who has final say. Luke Ivory

The 'TBA' will be confirmed by Luke before the date of event.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Never heard of this Luke bloke. Sounds like a dodgy fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

5starpool wrote:
    Never heard of this Luke bloke. Sounds like a dodgy fella.

Never heard of Kildare Dragons ... Ice Hockey Club, or Womens Association? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Culchie wrote:
    Never heard of Kildare Dragons ... Ice Hockey Club, or Womens Association? :p
    Some soft of tai chi group, or maybe tantric yoga? I just know that it involves getting 'in touch with your inner fountain of wellness' somehow.

G'wan the Dragon!

And they refer to Dave as Big Dragon. Is that in a paternal sense or are they a teams of skinny small people, in which case, I understand the moniker.

Thread hijacked methinks. Sorry BigD.

5starpool wrote:
    Thread hijacked methinks.

True, have to play it now as a penalty.

• Advertisement

Culchie wrote:
    True, have to play it now as a penalty.

I am choosing to take this in the rugby sense (can't be poker related surely?).

Go for the 7 pointer, into the corner. C'mon Munster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

5starpool wrote:

Go for the 7 pointer, into the corner. C'mon Munster.

This is rugby league. 4 for a try and 2 for a conv. Being a stickler for detail you should know this:p .

I should probably have guessed given where he is a mod, and the fact that he lived in yorkshire for a while, and the fact that I have discussed his love for RL in the past (a few hints perhaps), but in my defence it doesn't say Rugby League anywhere above.

I am sticking to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

5starpool wrote:
    I should probably have guessed given where he is a mod, and the fact that he lived in yorkshire for a while, and the fact that I have discussed his love for RL in the past (a few hints perhaps), but in my defence it doesn't say Rugby League anywhere above.

I am sticking to that.
    ;):D:p

BTW The boardster kendriver who runs pub tournaments here in North Kildare has kindly offered to pimp this to his sizeable database of registered players. You can guess the standard of players so it has gotta be a +ev to play in this. Remember, Luke Ivory is running this so there will be decent play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭sleepypriest

I think VN are having their end of month game that saturday? I could be wrong though.

Might be worth while pm'ing sandy

• Advertisement

I think VN are having their end of month game that saturday? I could be wrong though.

Might be worth while pm'ing sandy

Mentioned my game to Nick as I wanted to pimp at his event and he said that they dont do events on a Saturday so would be OK. EOM is always a Sunday game as Ive played in a couple of them.

BUMP

If any boardsters are playing in the VN game on this day remember that you can make it out to this game in 20mins from the Anglers Rest if your unlucky ;)

Good Luck with it Dave, I'm heading west so will be playing neither

Culchie wrote:
    Good Luck with it Dave, I'm heading west so will be playing neither

Mise likewise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Poker & Pints

this weekend as well. I think I am going down for that and don't do well I will be out at your tourney. I assume you can register the day of??

Thanks

this weekend as well. I think I am going down for that and don't do well I will be out at your tourney. I assume you can register the day of??

Thanks

We will take anyone at anytime up to the end of rebuy period. Cheers.

Dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭brianmc

B oard.ie's going to this?

U nless something gets in my way I should be there.

M aynooth not being far away and all that.

P leasant little game I expect.

BigDragon wrote:
    This is the first tournament Ive organised and pimped on Boards. Its for a rugby team I founded and am chairman of so it will be well run and not a crapshoot. I've appointed a fairly decent TD. ;)

1. Who is running the event (organisation, society etc.) Kildare Dragons RFC and BigDragon
    2. The purpose of the event (charity, commercial etc.)Raise funds for new kit etc as we dont have a team sponsor
    3. Date and Location of event Sat 22nd April North Kildare Club (Between Maynooth and Kilcock on old Dublin Road)
    4. Registration and Start time of event. 8pm Reg for 8.30 start
    5. Any prerequisites (member of club, society etc) No
    6. How can tickets be purchased & is there a maximum number (in advance, at the door etc.) No
    7. Type of Tournament (Hold'em/Omaha etc Freezeout/Rebuy etc.) NL Hold'em with rebuys
    8. Cost of entry and any subsequent rebuys/top-ups etc. €100 + and €25 for rebuys
    9. Cost of registration €25 reg
    10. % of entry fee/rebuys/top-up going into Prize fund All entry into prizepool and most of rebuys (depends on numbers versus costs) Will be announce, clear and reasonible
    11. Any guarenteed prize pool. No
    12. If applicable, Number of re-buys allowed and over what time frame/blind levels. Unlimited till break. Period TBA
    13. Starting Chips TBA
    14. Rebuy and Top-up chip amounts. TBA
    15. Blind levels TBA
    16. Blind timeframes TBA
    17. Places being paid and if any prizes are other than cash (free entry to other tournie, merchandice etc) Approx top 10%
    18. Are there going to be dealers - and their level of skill TBA
    19. Will there be a documented list of rules Yes
    20. Is there a tournament director Yes Luke Ivory
    21. How are disputes handled - who has final say. Luke Ivory

The 'TBA' will be confirmed by Luke before the date of event.

12. If applicable, Number of re-buys allowed and over what time frame/blind levels. Unlimited till break. Period 80 min
    13. Starting Chips 1500
    14. Rebuy and Top-up chip amounts. 2000 and 4000
    15. Blind levels Standard (no 75/150 or 150/300)
    16. Blind timeframes 20 min
    18. Are there going to be dealers - and their level of skill Final Table

Directions

Turn off M4 at Maynooth
    RT at roundabout to Maynooth (Back over M4)
    Passed Esso and Maxol to T-Junction lights Turn LT
    At next lights turn RT
    Over little bridge at Dunnes Stores and turn LT at lights
    Passed Lidl and College North Campus Gates
    Now on Kilcock Road
    Before Kilcock on Lt side of Road (couple of miles) is North Kildare Sports Club
    Youre there!

Sneaky bump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Dave I was hoping to get to this, but I've guests from Donegal, so gl with the night.

Ollie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Poker & Pints

Folks from work in the states were here and I ended up as tour guide. I was looking forward to playing at meeting you. How did it go??? Hopefully well. Can you post results and details. Thanks

Folks from work in the states were here and I ended up as tour guide. I was looking forward to playing at meeting you. How did it go??? Hopefully well. Can you post results and details. Thanks

Terrible. Worst fecking show possible. We covered costs...just and played a smaller gane with Brianmc from boards 2nd and me 3rd. Too gutted to say any more. Started to worry when I went uo to the VN 50 game and saw only 4 tables. I was let down by a lot of people (none from here) and will seriously have to think of ever trying one of these again. Alot of hard work for feck all. wp Brian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭SandyVN

Bad weekend for all i think we only had 35 players ourselves. This kind of thing happens don’t let it get you down. Onwards & upwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭brianmc

BigDragon wrote:
    Terrible. Worst fecking show possible. We covered costs...just and played a smaller gane with Brianmc from boards 2nd and me 3rd. Too gutted to say any more. Started to worry when I went uo to the VN 50 game and saw only 4 tables. I was let down by a lot of people (none from here) and will seriously have to think of ever trying one of these again. Alot of hard work for feck all. wp Brian.

Well, a very good spread was put on by BigD and the gang and of course Luke was there to do a bit of a Jack Dolan Banana on it and a very fun evening was had by all.

It's a shame the numbers didn't work out this time.

P.S. Worst heads up game EVER!

Advertisement