Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evergreen bush to Mulch

Options
  • 03-04-2006 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

All,

6 weeks ago i cut down an invasive 4 foot wide x 25 foot long both sides evergreen bush which took up 50% of my gardens space. I had plans to mulch it and offer bags of the wood-chips to workmates. The guy in the hire shop tells me i can't mulch it, it's too springy and clogs the machine. So I have a mountain of the stuff.

Anyone got an idea .. does the mulcher work .. or is a big skip my only option.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

If you chop it up you really should leave it for 18 months or so to break down before you use it as mulch.

Otherwise it causes plant starvation by using nitrogen in the breakdown process.

If you're trying to get rid of it it used to be possible to deliver it free to the Corporation's site at St. Annes (f you're in Dublin). There was a problem with the local residents at that site so check with the Corpo first.

Advertisement