Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB breeze

• 04-04-2006 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Going against everything on these boards I got Breeze installed the other day..I want to use it as wireless.Is the box they left themselves a modem itself.If I buy a modem and router combined will the connection coming from this box fit into the modem & router.Or do i just need a router.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

You just need a router.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

yep just a router. There is no modem as such. Just the power block to power the radio on ur roof. Connect the ethernet cable from this to a router.

I use Linksys WRT54G. Best router imho. End of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Another vote for WRT54G :)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭uteotw

Personally I recently bought a D-Link DGL-4300 to replace my old and trusted NetGear FM114P.

This D-Link is really great all my network is on gigabit now and the gamefuel stuff is working great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

D-links do bad **** to NTP servers that they never go permission to do bad **** to which will result in bad **** being done back to D-Links very very soon to stop the d-links doing bad **** .

Stay away from them for the next while becuase as you can see you are highly traceable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

Another vote for WRT54G :)

Another vote from me too... it was the cheapest one on sale at PC World and hasn't given me a moment of hassles or drops.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭uteotw

Yeah... D-Link seem to be harassing that NTP serve in Denmark... but you know what... I'm evil and I don't care.

That guy should have done his open letter months ago and they're is plenty more he can do to give D-Link a bad image but first I heard of it was in Slashdot.

Nice guys end up last.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

I vote wrt54g also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

CNet CWR-854 and lovin' it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭vinks

yes the WRT54G is a nice unit, unfortunately i have the speed boosted version, which makes it harder to run a unofficial firmware (i have ipv6 running off mine)

• Advertisement
Advertisement