Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for video 'Rebellion, a Television history of 1798'

Options
  • 04-04-2006 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I posted this over in the 'wanted' forum, but I thought maybe ye guys here would be of more help perhaps. I'm looking for the video already mentioned in the subject line, 'Rebellion, a television history of 1798'.

Maybe some of ye would remember, it was shown back in 1998, a three part series as part of the 1798 bicentenary celebrations and was released soon after on VHS, unfortunately it cant be bought from the RTE shop anymore and I was wondering if anyone here had a copy that they'd be willing to sell, or know where I could get a copy.

Many thanks ;)

CroppyBoy1798

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 clonycavanman

There was a book as well (authors Bartlett, Dawson and Keogh, entitled Rebellion) which might be easier to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Yeah the book is very easy to pick up on the net it seems, cant understand why the video cant be got though, searched high and low.

Oh well :(

CroppyBoy1798

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭nollaig

I remember it alright. I didnt like it too much though and have no idea where you can get it.

Apparently, RTE made a great series about 1916 back in the 70's but no copies were kept

Advertisement