Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US: "DHARMA" stands for .................. (Podcast Spoilers)

• 04-04-2006 7:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

Source:

January 17, Lost Podcast

"Dharma" is an ancronym but not an anagram.

Im sure the Lost fanatics will have a field day with that one so lets get the ball rolling.

Doesnt Hurley's Ass Really Move Attractively?

;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

degroot hanso association of miltary advancement, (mind advancement)

doctor hansos army of really menacing automatoms

dirty hookers armed really maliciously with aids(sorry!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

The Wikipedia entry for "Dharma" makes for interesting reading for those who want to wreck their heads even more over Lost...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dharma

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Dumb Hippies And Rastas Messing Around

Desperate Hurley Ate Really Mouldy Apricots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

I saw this in another forum by a poster using it as his signature :D

Sig.jpg

I think I might just have to rob it for my own ;)

D.H.A.R.M.A

Don't Harm Any Real Menancing Animals

Dead Henry Ate Rasheeds Melon A-sandwich.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

I've seen some terrible responses to this one, and no offense guys but I have my doubts about all replies to this thread so far. There's obviously something very cryptic and relevant about this acronym, if not then the producers are just trying to throw us.
    I think the numbers, the orientation films, dharma and the bases all tie together in some way.
    If we look at the numbers, there are 6 of them: 4 8 15 16 23 42
    To the best of our knowledge, there are also 6 Orientation films, only the third of which we have seen.
    Now, I know this might be somewhat basic and nit-picky, but the first 2 letters of DHARMA, if it is an acronym for something, are also the 4th and 8th letters of the alphabet...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    ........D........H

Maybe this is just my mind, maybe it's intentional, maybe coincidence, but I think all these factor in together to give the characters some vital clue. And if I'm not mistaken, when the map flashed up on the blast door in Lockdown, Locke saw 6 bases in a hexagonal arrangement, one of which was the Swan, and one central base.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

DHARMA

Desperate Housewives Are Really More Addictive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Skyuser wrote:
    DHARMA

Desperate Housewives Are Really More Addictive

Ah now....

Don't Hurl Around Rubbish, Man, Argh!

LockeChalboarda.0.jpg

Quality parody from a poster called Mr Find over at the fuselage boards

I cheated. I saw the script for the final episode. You might not want to read any further:

(SCENE: The island is virtually abandoned. Only three characters remain on it. They are in the charred and destroyed remnants of what was once the Swan hatch.)

JOHN LOCKE: One thing I need to know about DHARMA. What does D-H-A-R-M-A stand for?

ALVAR HANSO: Mmmm....Doesn't Have Any Real Meaning, Actually.

JOHN LOCKE: C'mon. I've done all you wanted. Don't be cute with me. Tell me what it means!

HUGO "HURLEY" REYES: (figures it out) Dude. DHARMA: Doesn't Have Any....

JOHN LOCKE: Be quiet, Hugo. He is lying. Now c'mon, Alvar, what is the real meaning? M is for "magnetic", right? Tell me!

ALVAR HANSO: John. Like I told you. It doesn't have any real meaning, actually. We've got to go.

HUGO "HURLEY" REYES: Bye.

(Alvar Hanso and Hugo "Hurley" Reyes walk out of the hatch front door. The sound of a waiting helicopter in the distance is heard. The camera pans back to Locke alone in the hatch. His ankle is shackle and chained to the leg of the old computer desk.)

JOHN LOCKE: Fine. Go. I don't care. Just tell me what DHARMA means!

(There is now an a couple inches of water on the floor of the hatch and it is rising fast.)

JOHN LOCKE: C'mon tell me. (yells) TELL ME....Ah, the hell with you, all. I can do this...Umm. Distributed Hydrodynamic Aerosol and Radiative Modeling Application? No. Development of Human and Animal Research for Maximizing Advancement? Uh, Double Helix Anomalies Recombinant Molecular Advancement Initiative? No, no and no!

(The water in the hatch is now several inches high and rising fast. Lock falls to his knees and pounds the water with his fist.)

JOHN LOCKE: Why didn't you tell me? I did all you wanted....Er, DeGroot, Hanso And Reyes Mining Associates?

(The camera shot now goes to a far away shot of the Island as it sinks into the sea. The audio is still of John Locke in the Swan hatch rattling off various guesses of what the acronym, DHARMA, might stand for.)

JOHN LOCKE: I need to know. Please tell me.

(Camera shot switches back to the hatch. Closeup of John Locke. His lips are barely above the over of five feet of water in the Hatch)

JOHN LOCKE: (weakly) I did all you....I've got it!

(Switch to camera shot back to farway shot of the sinking Island. Audio is still the hatch.)

JOHN LOCKE: DHARMA Doesn't Have Any Real Mean....(Locke gurgling sound)

(Switch to camera shot of Alvar Hanso and Hugo"Hurley" Reyes in the flying helicopter looking at the sinking Island in the distance below.)

HUGO "HURLEY" REYES: So, Alvar, what is with the numbers?

ALVAR HANSO: Excuse me?

HUGO "HURLEY" REYES: You know. The numbers that won me the lottery. That we entered on the computer. On the hatch. The numbers. 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42. Why those numbers?

ALVAR HANSO: Okay, okay. The reason we chose those numbers is...

(Cue Lost episode close flash slide and ker-thunk sound. Cue closing credits.)

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It's really obvious.. Dharma doesn't stand for anything!

Am i only one who's figured it out?

Wait for it.....

dharmagreg7dc.png

Yep.. you guessed it... Jenna Elfman is running the island. That kray-zee bitch!

PS - i need some sleep! :eek:

Lollers

pac.gif

Advertisement