Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Problem..

Options
  • 04-04-2006 8:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hi, i will try to describe this the best i can. I think the problem is clutch related, the gears are extremely difficult to change esp. reverse and first. When taking off in first gear the car is extremely jerky (from idle to between 1500 and 2000rpm maybe even 2500) (it finds it difficult to move itself, chugs violently), and this continues in every gear, unless i rev the car first...then the changes aren't as jerky, but they are still quite stiff to change. I was doing a bit of research and the nearest problem that sort of fits this description is that the clutch isnt disengaging properly, but the pedal returns normally. Its a 2.0TDi with 22000 miles.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated, thanks.

Advertisement