Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phone Menders

• 04-04-2006 8:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭

Anyone know anything about this new phone fixing place, 'Phone Menders'? They are advertising on Spin 103.8. Apparently it's on South Anne Street. Is it like another MPRC but in town?
    Just interested by the way, this isn't a shill, I've no affiliation to this place.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Pythia wrote:
    Anyone know anything about this new phone fixing place, 'Phone Menders'? They are advertising on Spin 103.8. Apparently it's on South Anne Street. Is it like another MPRC but in town?
    Just interested by the way, this isn't a shill, I've no affiliation to this place.

i heard this is owned by commercial wireless.they are expanding rapidly.they have 1 repair centre open in cork and will be opening in sandyford soon.

this is from there website
    Nokia Repair Centres
    Commercial Wireless and Choice Communications have now extended their repair service. We now have 2 Nokia Centres, situated in Cork and Limerick. Our Nokia Centres offer a walk-in-repair facility that will provide prompt professional advice and service. We realise how important mobile phones are to your business and aim to have your handset issues resolved as quickly as possible to save you both time and money. Bearing this in mind, we are currently looking at suitable locations in Dublin City Centre, and near our Sandyford office to provide you with a high level of repair satisfaction. Click here for details >>

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭fguihen

avoid phone menders. My nokia had an issue with bluetooth not working. the phone is perfect apart from bluetooth. i left it in and they said water damage. I know this phone is not water damaged and has never gotten wet, but they said body moisture from my pocket was the probable cause!!!! where do you keep your phone so, wrap it in plastic and hold it at arms length at all times? avoid these lazy buggers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

fguihen wrote:
    avoid phone menders. My nokia had an issue with bluetooth not working. the phone is perfect apart from bluetooth. i left it in and they said water damage. I know this phone is not water damaged and has never gotten wet, but they said body moisture from my pocket was the probable cause!!!! where do you keep your phone so, wrap it in plastic and hold it at arms length at all times? avoid these lazy buggers

your case is extremely far from unique. take a look at this site:

http://www.mprc.ie/

the machine in the bottom right is what found the moisture damage. i trust it more than your word that you never used it in the rain or had it in the bathroom during the shower.
    fguihen wrote:
    where do you keep your phone so, wrap it in plastic and hold it at arms length at all times? avoid these lazy buggers
    if it looks like it might rain, i bring a sandwich bag and put my phone in it because i know how easy it is to water damage it. so in answer to your question, yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 tprc

Im a nokia tech and deal with this kind of prob every day and would like to say we dont benefit by saying sorry your nokia is fluid ingress....and your warranty is void we dont get paid anything but grief from the end user.
    my centre would give you photo doc's to proof our claim
    i my self would test and see if its worth repairing and estimate
    if we dont estimate it means its beyond economical repair.
    still if your not happy look on nokia site and locate another service centre and discuss it....Second opinion

Advertisement