Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

South Park 10x03 - Cartoon Wars

• 04-04-2006 9:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭

Kyle loves "Family Guy" and hates Cartman. The two boys embark upon a mad chase across the country and the fate of "Family Guy" lies with the first boy to reach Hollywood in all new episode of "South Park" titled "Cartoon Wars," premiering Wednesday, April 5 at 10:00 p.m. on Comedy Central.

- Source: comedy central press

God I hope they rip Family Guy apart. It has to one of the most overrated shows on t.v.. Here's a good quote from Trey and Matt on their feeling s towards Family Guy:

"When questioned about the meanest thing anyone ever said to them, Stone replied "When people say to me, 'God, you guys have one of the best shows on television. You and Family Guy.' That ****ing hurts so bad", to which Parker agreed: "Very well said. It's such a kick in the balls."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Boo-yah wrote:
    God I hope they rip Family Guy apart. It has to one of the most overrated shows on t.v.:

Hear hear! I respect the opinion of people who seem to love/worship FG but for the life of me I can't understand why they do (and I've watched a LOT of the eps just to try and understand).

Relative to its popularity it's definetly the most lame, lazy, unfunny show I've seen in a long time and I hope SP rips it to shreds :) Even better would be if FG made then made a retort ep (in about a years time naturally) that was as typically weak as its usual offering thus further exposing itself for the puerile mess that it is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

cannot wait for this, should be a great laugh.

even though i do like family guy aswell southpark will always have the main spot though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

ahh no i love family guy and south park equally(well possibly fg a wee more cos i didnt watch south park for a while but then got back into it) , but theyre different i know. as one of my friends put it, its like your parents fighting and having to choose one. i think family guy is better for sheer laughs but south park has a little more to it and the south park episodes have tended to keep getting better over the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I hope they do it well. The Simpsons have slagged family guy a few times, and I think they've just come off as bitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Pigman II wrote:
    but for the life of me I can't understand why they do
    And I can't figure out why people who don't like Family Guy, don't. I think it's (mostly) hillarious. There have been a few week epsiodes this year, but then South Park has had a few week episodes too. Can't be great all the time.

Still, I'm looking forward to this as nobody does piss taking quite like Stone and Parker on South Park. They're just so suited to taking the royal piss out of something, like Paris Hilton, Scientology, George Clooney, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Just watched 10x03. All I can say is what an ep! Really good one and not TOO harsh on FG (in fact that really wasn't even the point of the ep as I read it.)
    Can't wait for part 2 next week ..... presuming there even is a part 2 that is! You can never tell with Matt and Trey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭IrishEmperor

Those bits with Kyle & Cartman;
    the dialogue in the 'sentimental' one before they set off and the very exaggerated chase-scene
    - i know ive seen those cliched scenes in a thousand movies - but i cant even recall the names of one of them now!?!

I love FamGuy - they do use alot of interchangable material from ep to ep - the great appeal is the (seemingly) total randomness of what they throw at you - but then scenes like eg. Irelands' finest scientists discover cold fusion > whiskey > barfight - wouldnt fit well into many fo the other episodes than they appear in - wot ya think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

that epiaose was brillent i RELEY hope they show the proffit next week in pt 2
    family guy is amazing just like south park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Link to footage below:

View the footage here

• Advertisement

That was a very good episode. Actually, the Family Guy episode in it was even funny, 'Like that time I got a job as a carrot cake'.

I hope there is actually a part two next week. Interesting to see what the Family Guy writers secret is? Probably Scientoligists or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Healio, that link was removed. I'm desperate to see this episode guys - pleeeeeeease help me out.

good episode, i thought they captured family guy right down to a tee.

afaik youtube links to shows aren't allowed here anyways, even if youtube have taken it down, your best chance is to get on to your cousins in the states.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Wow, brilliant show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Fantastic episode
    jor el wrote:
    Interesting to see what the Family Guy writers secret is? Probably Scientoligists or something.
    Crab people!

MrPinK wrote:
    Fantastic episode

Crab people!
    lol TASTE LIKE CRAB TALK LIKE PEOPLE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

NoelRock wrote:
    Healio, that link was removed. I'm desperate to see this episode guys - pleeeeeeease help me out.

try again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Boo-yah

The episode was great. They did capture Family Guy brilliantly. I like how the whole episode didn't just rip on Family Guy but that the plot involved The whole Mohammed incident and Comedy Central's censoring of the scientology and bleeding virgin Mary episodes.

The highlight for me was Cartman's excellent rant on Family Guy:

"Don't you ever, ever compare me to Family Guy or I will kill you with my bare hands!". I think it's obvious that Cartman was speaking from Matt and Trey's perspective about how people try to lump their show in with Family Guy.

Boo-yah wrote:
    Comedy Central's censoring of the scientology and bleeding virgin Mary episodes
    Those episodes were censored? Or is it that they're not going to repeat them? I didn't think they had censored anything in those tow episodes, which is why the scientologists and the Catholic Church were both up in arms about them.

Yeah, they really got FG's number there actually. Brilliant. Looks like another classic South Park - they're still on fire.

• Advertisement

jor el wrote:
    Those episodes were censored? Or is it that they're not going to repeat them? I didn't think they had censored anything in those tow episodes, which is why the scientologists and the Catholic Church were both up in arms about them.

Sorry, censored was the wrong word to use. What I meant was that Comedy Central blocked the episodes from being re-aired after the controversy that emerged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Possibly the best SP ever? Incredibly clever.

I dont see Comedy Central allowing to go ahead with what they have planned for next week though...

CiaranC wrote:
    Possibly the best SP ever? Incredibly clever.

I dont see Comedy Central allowing to go ahead with what they have planned for next week though...

What's that then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭ChityWest

NoelRock wrote:
    What's that then?
    It looks like they are building up to showing mohamed in some way or other - I kept expecting them to do it in 1003 - bit dissappointing that they didnt. I seriously hope they do in the next one. Fair play to them for covering the whole denmark issue. The funniest part (I thought) was in Muslim sensitivity training

Mrs Garrisson ''. . . . And why we can never show an image of mohammed''
    Kyle: "No, Muslims cant show the prophet mohamed'
    Mr Garrison " Kyle your not being very sensitive"

Not the funniest episode but pretty cool anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Brilliant, hopefully they'll be a part two. For those of you can't use the link above here's the ep in 3parts on you tube:

edit: cheers Cremo.

PS. If there is a 2nd part, please post. I'll subscribe to thread. Thanks.

i think links to youtube are not allowed. might wanna clear it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I think everyone missed the point of this episode. That muhammad has already been shown in a southpark episode before and nothing happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Sangre wrote:
    I think everyone missed the point of this episode. That muhammad has already been shown in a southpark episode before and nothing happened.
    That's correct. The Super Best Friends.

504_superbest.gif

There he is between Budha and Jesus.

Sangre wrote:

yeh i thought of that when i first heard about this whole fiasco over the danish cartoons and just lol'ed to myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Thought it was really obvious from the dialogue at the start 'how dare a cartoon do this' etc. But then it kind of started focusing on the reaction to the muslims and freedom of speech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

MrPinK wrote:
    Fantastic episode

Crab people!
    lol, i was just watching the episode "2 days before the day after tomorrow" :D

sweet, if anyone had doubts that they wouldn't do a part II they say so on their website.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/
    "Cartoon Wars, Part I" now on iTunes
    "Cartoon Wars, Part I" is now available for purchase on iTunes. The individual episode is available for $1.99 or you can purchase a season pass for $11.99 and get "The Return of Chef", "Smug Alert", and "Cartoon Wars, Part I" right now, "Cartoon Wars, Part II" next week and the following three episodes as soon they're available!

can't wait until thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I still think seasons 1-3 of FG are timeless, but I'm not mad about the 4th/5th seasons. I think South Park got it spot on!
    This is like that time I got a job as a carrott-cake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

I decided that I wouldn't comment on 10-3 until I saw part II. Just finished watching it and I've got to say that I loved this two-parter. My favourite part in 10-3 was Cartman's speech which, as Boo-Yah pointed out, reflected Parker& Stone's thoughts on Family Guy. Over the two episodes, I thought they were pretty much on the ball with their depiction of Family Guy (and this coming from a big FG fan!).

As for 10-4, I really enjoyed:
    Manatees! Seriously, best animal ever.
    Kyle and Cartman's epic fight.
    'Bart'.
    The 'terrorist attack'.
    The fact that they had already made their point by showing Muhammed in an earlier episode. Showing him again wasn't necessary.

I must say though,
    I was fuming when it was announced that another Terrence and Phillip episode was going to be shown instead. We've gone through this before.... Thankfully they were just joking.

I thought part 2 was great. Some great stuff in this episode
    - The Family Guy writing staff and their method of writing :D
    - The talk of preachy t.v. shows
    - The terrorist retaliation
    - Cartman and Kyle's fight "You hit me in the balls"
    - Terrence and Philip!!!!
    - Peter Griffin's red salmon helmet
    - Bart: I cut the head off a statue
    Cartman: I ground a kid's parents into chili and fed them to him

Season 10 is off to a great start

• Advertisement

the best thing about 1004 was
    the terrance and phillip joke

the rest of the episode was great too but i broke my balls laughing at that part.

It was wrong ! it was wrooong !!
    Excellent - way better than the first part.

They really ripped the balls off family guy here more than the first ep - even though I like family guy I can see what they meant with the manatee writing school bits. Does anyone know - did Comedy Central really pull mohammed red salmon hat image ? Somone tell me that they didnt and they were joking. ( I know they showed him in super best friends before - but that was before the denmark silliness)

The funniest bits imo -

'At least it doesnt get all preachy and up its own ass with messages' - followed by a pregnant pause.

Cartmans *cough* denmark *cough* cripple speech.

The osama bin laden speech - excellent !

'What do you intend to do about this 'First Amendment' mr president'

That bitch slap fight was a classic too

The al quada propaganda video -

that cartoon they responded with, were the people that were in that pictures of matt and trey, they looked very like them but i couldn't tell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭BigWilly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

• Advertisement

Glad to hear no ones flipping their lids over that.

Advertisement