Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

french student in mechanical engineering needs help

• 04-04-2006 9:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hello everybody!:)

I am student in my third year of a leading course to a master degree in Mechanical engineering at ISAT ( Institut Supérieur de l’Automobile et des Transports, University of Burgundy ).
    I am searching for a work placement in transport industry or mechanic industry, it's also possible to do this work placement in a school which made reasearch in mechanic, in engine etc..

does somebody know company which provides work placement?
    could somebody help me by giving me some adress?
    it's also possible that i help an Irish student in engineering to find a work placement in France while he help me to find one in Irealnd.

I want to do my Work placement in irland because
    I would like to go back to there: I have already visited and I found that was a charismatic country.
    I find that the best country to improve my english:cool:
    thank you in advance for your help;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭shaneos

in Ireland it is not usual for students to do work placement and so the companies do not take on students as a matter of course. It is sometimes possible to get summer work (june-july) but this is usually by big companies companies who are looking to hire the student when s/he finishes.

If you want to do your 'stage' in a university is should be relatively easy...but only if you are willing to do it for free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 milka74

thanks for your answer shaneos, I contacted an irish engineer who told me the same. :(
    it would have been better in a CV to have a palcement in a company..
    I think I'm going to try in the univesities, do you know some adress of university?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭shaneos

I sent you a private mail Milka74.

Click on the top right of this screen to read it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

shaneos wrote:
    in Ireland it is not usual for students to do work placement and so the companies do not take on students as a matter of course.

really?

i did electronic and computer eng in NUIG and work placement is a requirement of the degree. its also a requirement for Mech Eng also.

What college did you go to?

@milka74
    Maybe you could contact the Mech Eng Dept in NUIG to see if the department would be willing to do an exchange with your department in France.

Advertisement