Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayweather Juda fight

• 04-04-2006 11:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere that I could see the mayweather Juda fight on saturday. Sky box office doesnt seem to be showing it:( Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Just been looking for the same thing myself can't find it listed anywhere,

maybe setanta might get it in, although i couldn't see it on their website, might try to mail them setanta.irl@setanta.com

Defo doesn't seem to be on Sky
    http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,0-1011462,00.html

I'll be raging if I don't get to see this and i don't think i will, good undercard also...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Cant see sentanta getting it tbh and surely we would have been bombarded to within an inch of our lives with advertisements if sky had it. Also its not on the box office menu on the sky digital. And I was looking forward to that fight big time:(

Yeah should be one of the fights of the year...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭Big Ears

TBH I'm more interested in the undercard , I expect Mayweather will stop Judah in the 7th or 8th of a fairly one sided fight with Zab's speed being the only thing to keep him in it so long .

Jorge Arce v Rosendo Alvarez should be a great fight (as all of Arce's are) and I think Arce will become the first man to stop Alvarez .

Juan Diaz v Jose Miguel Cotto will be a war which could go either way but id side with Diaz to win .

JCC jnr is also fighting Rodrigo Juarez on the card .

**** me thats quite a card. Only makes me want to see the fight more now:mad: Has boxing really got that unpopular that its not worth showing for any of the stations?

• Advertisement

It has seemed to slip lower on Sky's priorities this year, Barry McGuigan went off to ITV during their broadcasts now...And they also didn't take up the Lacy fight i was sure they would but ITV got it.

Predict Floyd win in Round 5.. KO.

Cotto god only knows but it will probably be an all out war.

Gave Setanta an email the other day. No word yet just an autoresponse saying "My comments are welcome and will be forwarded to the relevant department" Im not holding much hope tbh.:rolleyes: Mayweather will destroy Judah. Early knockout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭Big Ears

JoeyJJ wrote:
    It has seemed to slip lower on Sky's priorities this year, Barry McGuigan went off to ITV during their broadcasts now...And they also didn't take up the Lacy fight i was sure they would but ITV got it.

Predict Floyd win in Round 5.. KO.

Cotto god only knows but it will probably be an all out war.

Since Calzaghe is with Warren that fight was always going to be on ITV , all Sports Network fights are and will be . Sports Network is all ITV show .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

It'll probably be on Sky Sports next friday when you already know the results.

It'll probably be on Sky Sports next friday when you already know the results.

Im just gonna boycott all boxing related message boards. And its not like anyone I know is that interested in boxing that theyd know the result and tell be out of the blue, so I should be safe. Do you really reckon theyll show it the following friday though?

• Advertisement

Yeah i'd say they COULD. Dont quote me on that but they sometimes show the big fights from saturday the following friday, Mosley v Vargas was a few weeks ago.

Your probably right about the result. The mainstream media have blacklisted boxing coverage. Just stay off sky sports news all day sunday because they'll show the result after the football, rugby, golf, A1, darts, athletics, cricket, moto GP, hores racing, slow walking, curling and the results of the who can burp the alphabet contests.

Forgot to say, pretty boy stops super Judah by round 9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

So, Mayweather by decision but should he have been disqualified?

RealJohn wrote:
    So, Mayweather by decision but should he have been disqualified?

Yeah, touhger for mayweather than many, including myself thought it would be. Im surprised at his trainer doint that seeing as he was a boxer himself. Still havent seen the fight though:(

Advertisement