Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to dye a couch

Options
  • 04-04-2006 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I have loose covers on my couch and I want to get it dyed. Someone suggested getting the dye from Hickeys but to be honest it is not an option.

There are six cushion covers which would need a pack of dye each and then for the main cover you would need about five or six packs and you probably won't get the mix exactly the same.

Does anyone know where I could get it dyed? or have any suggestions for me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Some dry cleaning places or full-service launderettes will do dying for you if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Have you considered a natural dyeing method such as teabags?

Do a google on it....

Redman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭dools

Would you consider getting it re-upholstered? My folks got theirs done and it turned out great. To be honest, I would be worried any dye (especially a DIY job) would rub off on your clothes when you sit down

Dools

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

dools wrote:
    Would you consider getting it re-upholstered? My folks got theirs done and it turned out great. To be honest, I would be worried any dye (especially a DIY job) would rub off on your clothes when you sit down

Dools
    Especially if they are wearing white!
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭dools

The guy (a neighbour) who upholstered my folks suite buys his fabric and accessories from www.zhivago.ie. Might be worth giving them a call and see if they can suggest something?

Dools

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Hi folks,

I have loose covers on my couch and I want to get it dyed. Someone suggested getting the dye from Hickeys but to be honest it is not an option.

There are six cushion covers which would need a pack of dye each and then for the main cover you would need about five or six packs and you probably won't get the mix exactly the same.

Does anyone know where I could get it dyed? or have any suggestions for me?
    Yip thats what you're going to have to do alright.
    It still works out cheaper than getting it professionally done

Advertisement