Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Using an MP3 player

Options
  • 04-04-2006 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

The car i have has no stereo, and i was about to buy one when i realised my mp3 player has all my music and an FM tuner.

Is there any way i can hook up some speakers to an amp, powered by the car, that i can just plug the player into?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Sure - just buy a cheap amp (<€100)with a line in from www.gear.ie or www.besecure2000.com. Then hook up your speakers (assuming you have good ones) to the amp - if you don't, buy a pair of good midrange speakers from the same guys and fit them. This should provide all of the volume you need, and can be tucked out of the way so that all you have is a cable. How will you keep the MP3 player on charge?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Your fm tuner will need rds to retune to the strongest available signal.

A Sony Ericsson K750i mobile actually has this.

Is there such a thing as bluetooth speakers I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

or you could get a headunit with an aux in

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Your fm tuner will need rds to retune to the strongest available signal.

A Sony Ericsson K750i mobile actually has this.

Is there such a thing as bluetooth speakers I wonder?
    My phone(6230i) can transmit it's mp3s via Bluetooth which is picked up by my Bluetooth car kit and plays through the speakers on my car...be it at not great quality but yeh it is possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

Most car stereos have AUX (auxilary in ) on the rear. you can connect a 3.5mm Jack from your headphone socket on the player to two phono on stereo. Alternatively get a jack to Tape convertor about EUR10 or check for jack socket on newer stereos.

All these are by far better than installing an independant sound system

The i-trip which broadcasts a radio signal to your stereo's tuner is no longer legal in Ireland or UK though apparently not illegal to buy!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Thniking of this myself. But is it not a bit dangerous to be fiddling with a MP3 player while you are driving?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Itrips are quite good. They've allways been illegal or at least thats what i thought, but they are good.

I use one cos my full ipod has all my music on it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭smarty

Thniking of this myself. But is it not a bit dangerous to be fiddling with a MP3 player while you are driving?

I agree with you on this point. I put my ipod into the car last week and it is extremely distracting. I think I am going to have to setup a playlist and then lock it in the glove box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

I'll only mention this headunit one more time :)
    http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product.php?partno=KDG821
    I still can't believe what a really good product this is, and especially for the price. It has a usb port into which you can plug a USB memory stick or an Ipod. It can control the Ipod, and the unit itself comes with an infra red remote control. You can also get an optional steering wheel stalk remote. I don't know if it will control other portable mp3 players. It has a cd slot too, and it can read mp3s from the cd as well by the way.

On top of all that it sounds great!

Advertisement