Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent potential on apartment in Puerto Del Carmen

Options
  • 04-04-2006 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

Hi

I recently purchased a 2 bed apartment in the Old town area of Peurta Del Carmen and was wondering what kind of rent would I expect per week through out the year. Are there any recommended agencies or websites that I could advertise on?

rgds
    Scary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

In Lanzarote? I imagine its quite seasonal with a burst at east and then soliud enough from May through September and a burst again for Christmas. For January-April, I'm guessing your best bet it to try to get a deal with say a retired couple to take it full time.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭justagirl

scary wrote:
    Hi

I recently purchased a 2 bed apartment in the Old town area of Peurta Del Carmen and was wondering what kind of rent would I expect per week through out the year. Are there any recommended agencies or websites that I could advertise on?

rgds
    Scary

Checkout www.gazettelive.com - look at the estate agents websites - they will have lots of properties for rent so you will be able to gauge approx rental income. Rent would depend on if you are in complex .. i.e. is there a communal pool?.. private balcony/terrace ... easy walk to beach etc ... Holiday lets have the added costs of cleaning (anything from €20 to €80 euros per change of client) and of course the management fee you will have to pay to someone .....Obviously long term rental would have a lower monthly rental but, you may have it rented for longer periods .... Puerto Del Carmen is very busy, probably the busiest resort on Lanzarote throughout the year ..

You could advertise privately on the above website .... or you could go through an agency ..either way, you will still need someone or some management agency in PDC to be doing the handover of keys/cleaning etc so be careful with who you choose (this applies anywhere)... I know of one agency I could recommend (please pm me if you want further details).

Best of luck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

At least there are plenty of flights to Lanzarote all year round and from all airports too, not like that pig in a poke that Eddie Hobbs and others are recently pimping, the Cape Verde islands, where there are no flights from Ireland .

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭justagirl

Has anyone here actually been/bought on Cape Verde ..?.. someone I know went and said that yes the beaches/landscape was beautiful but it's still very poor/not that safe ... lots of stray dogs roaming around ... they bought literally to sell on - on completion ... I'm not quite convinced myself yet.....

Advertisement