Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[US]24, Day5, Hour16, 10pm-11pm [Spoilers]

• 04-04-2006 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

No ****ing way!! :eek:!

Can safely say I did not see any of that coming.

Typical Jack intro, carring Bierko thru the smoke. Heh.

The First Lady's aide having knowledge of who IS behind the attacks.

Everything pointing toward the VP.

CTU being absorbed by Homeland...Audrey getting Bill the boot.

Then to top if off,
    It's not the VP as it appears...but the bloody PRESIDENT himself thats the head honcho. ffs...After so long of thinking he was a gutless prick...now he's a bastard!

Excellent episode.

*note: public poll and just continuing the 1-5 rating of the season thus far. Not in the mood the change to 1-10 given it's so far along.

[US]24, Day5, Hour15, 9pm-10pm[Spoilers] 27 votes

5*
    0%
    4*
    66%
    mewsospanner_headMossy MonkbkehoekaimeraMr EunkeldigimanSilent AssasinCivilServantjor elSmurfpissBernscorblimeySparkytvnutzLordBlondeDapos 18 votes
    3*
    25%
    LFCFanChevano RileyEglintonKiithSherifuzumacoward 7 votes
    2*
    7%
    NordicDiverShanegggg 2 votes
    1*
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

4*
    :eek: @ Prez. Why he wanna kill his own :confused:
    Great twist but now I'm confused :rolleyes:
    And how come was no sign of this earlier when his aid was helpin em.
    OMFG Get next weeks on. Wanna see Jacks reaction to the prez:p

Wonder how its gonna play out with Bill now too & Audrey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

4*
    Confused indeed. I can't figure Logans agenda over this.

It's unlikely there's somebody else playing him right?

One of the reasons why 24 > Lost.

Not so sure about Bill ie. if he's gone for good or not.

A recent interview with the creators/writers of '24' had them say they need to keep shaking up the cast to keep it fresh.
    Tho taking Bill out might be a bit too much in one season given Palmer, Tony et al are gone already.

e17 here we come :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

3*
    More twists than a bag of corkscrews.
    I was expecting it to be Mike at the end for some reason.
    It explains why the president appeared so gutless throughout.
    Compelling viewing, roll on next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

4*
    Felt like a bit of a filler episode (although a REALLY REALLY good one!), and that ending - I did NOT see that coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭LordBlonde

4*
    I knew it wasn't going to be the Vice President so I thought it was gonna be Mike since the only other "extremely powerful" connection in the government (and established character) was the President.

And there's no way it could be him, right? :D :eek: :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

WOW.... what an ending.

I bet none of us saw that one coming. Another excellent episode all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

4*
    Well done Wayne, by not shooting people the cowards way, look em in the face while you do it.

Man, what an ending.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Aye, didn't see that coming at all (which in itself isn't a good thing if it doesn't make any sense), so I'm reserving my judgement on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

4*
    rkm wrote:
    I was expecting it to be Mike at the end for some reason

i was expecting it to be Aaron but never the boss man himself. Jack will explode. brilliant, just brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

4*
    holy $hit balls....just watched it!
    I wasn't expecting that at all. Excellent!

Just watched the promo for next weeks hour....hows jack gonna get himself out of that one?

Hats off to the script writers!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭Shanegggg

2*
    Didn't think its was one of the better episodes. Moved really slowly for the first 25 mins but hell didn't it get interesting after that!! :D

Didn't see that twist coming at all!! :p

But i can't understand y he would do it and how walt cummings didn't know that prez was in on it too.

Roll on next weeks with Elisha hopefully :p

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Dapos

4*
    what's the link to promo to next weeks episode?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,749 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

4*
    Wow, thought s05.e15 was one of the best episodes ever, but didn't see the twist coming in e16 :eek:

How can weako boy Mr "pray with me Mike" President be capable of something that sinister?

4*
    You know, like Cult pointed out, I think I will be going over some things with a fine toothpick. Thats another thread for another day.
    But would'nt of Logan known about Cummings already?
    But after this weeks episode, I dont know who to trust, Mrs Logan could even be dodgey.

Roll on next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

4*
    In hindsight, what does Logan have to gain from all this? I'd understand if it was the VP, trying to make him look incompetent, but with Logan it doesn't make sense.

I kind of hope its a red herring like Audrey last week (perhaps Logan was contacted privately by Henderson and blackmailed?).

Great twist, but it doesn't make alot of sense after Logans bumbling for the previous 15 hours. Did he want the Sukarovs dead? Pray with me Mike.... my arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

4*
    Bloody hell, that weasely little sh*te, never saw that coming. Though I was suspicious of it not being the vice prez, since it was pointing too much at him without actually confirming it.

So what has he to gain? Popularity for one. In this episode you see him taking calls from anyone and everyone on how great he is. It could all be a stunt to win him the next election. Though I do think there's something more involved. Henderson is still out and about and up to something, but he could just be trying to cover the prez's ass.

Walt Cummings was working for Henderson and presumably didn't know it was the President who was giving the orders. Or maybe it was all an act. Wasn't Mike or Aaron in the room when Cummings came clean to Logan? Then maybe Logan had him killed so he wouldn't reveal what he knew.

Lots going on, certainly going to be a good next episode to explain all this. Hopefully, it won't be let down by a poor explanation.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

3*
    When Cummings came clean originally he was alone with the prez which means he had no idea the Prez was in on it. There's no way he's doing all this to win the next election. There's too much that could go wrong which would mean he'd end up in jail instead. Also, why would Henderson be so secretive and go on about it being for the good of the country? It's not like he's the best president ever. He makes Bush look like Einstein. There's deffo something else going on here. Maybe it's a potential new cold war on the horizon and the prez is misguided in his attempts to twart it. Wouldn't be the first time he did something rediculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

4*
    Well, since Logan does come across as a complete moron, this might seem to him like quite a good way to earn brownie points with the masses and win the next election. It would be a bit silly though, and I do think that there is something more sinister going on, but what? Perhaps he has some agenda way outside Presidency?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

4*
    kaimera wrote:
    One of the reasons why 24 > Lost.

Can't we go one week without comparing stuff to Lost? But since you did it,Lost is still better :D

Anyway another great episode. Loving this season,they really have redeemed themselves after last year.

Did not see the end coming! So what is going on? Was the whole "I'm a complete idiot" thing an act by Logan? Or what? I'm stumped on this one. Surely it has to be something more than just winning the next election. Although maybe thats all it is. When you think about it Logan was never elected,he was president by default,when the other president died and since he was the VP,he got the top job. This could be a way for him to get the American people to actually vote for him in the next election.

Id also be interested to see how much Mike knows,or what Walt Cummings did or didn't know.

And I liked Bill as head of CTU,they shouldn't have dumped him off the show. Maybe he will be back. They have shook up the cast enough this year for feck sake! Leave the one CTU director that is competent and is not a complete tool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

4*
    quite simply....what the fúck?? brilliant ending but it will need some explaining. an evil president...what a genius idea!

• Advertisement

4*
    I cant help but notice the whole hidden message in this series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Chevano Riley

3*
    the twist seems nonsensical. i really liked the idea of a sucker president way out of his depth especially during the airport hostage thing and then with his wife in the car with the russkies. and especially contrasting with palmer, who was pure as the driven snow.

i get the same feeling everytime 24 reveals a huge twist (like jack, tony et al working the the mex gang in series 3 or nina in the first series). theres always huge character inconsistencies which make it feel like the writers themselves didnt know what it was gonna happen til it did. i have a feeling that the prez is still being played by someone. but who is more powerful? xenu or god or someone.

Advertisement