Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In Wall Speaker Controls

• 04-04-2006 12:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get in wall volume controls either here or in the UK.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭Spocker

I've never bought from them, but Letsautomate.co.uk seem to be pretty good and they should have what you need

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭wexfordman

I've used letsautomate years ago, and would recommend them definately. Watch though that the stuff you get is european/uk standard, as they do sel some US style switches etc. If yo dont mind me askin, why are you using in wall volume control ?

Regards,
    Wexfordman

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

cheers for the link, just about to start building a house and going to need these for 3 or 4 rooms...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭blazesoftware

Hi,

Wexford man- no I dont mind you asking at all. I'm even hoping you will have some great advice. Basically I am trying to create a package like can be found there but as cheap as possible

http://www.hifistore.co.uk/product.php?qsProd=4ZONE

I just want to have a simple setup with a few speakers in a few rooms but be able to have different sound levels in the different rooms.

Any help in terms of hardware is much appreciated.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭wexfordman

Hi Blaze,

Thats a bit pricy alright, especially for what it does. As far as I understand, it distributes only one source to each of the 4 rooms at one time, i.e, you cannot play 2 sources in 2 different rooms at the same time!!!

I have a multiroom system in my house, and have had one for the last 5 years or so. My initial system, I got at a very good price (6 rooms, and 6 sources with wall mounted keypads in each room), and you could play whatever sourcve you wanted in whatever room etc, rather than just 1 source in all rooms as the system above seems to do for just 4 rooms.

Multiroom systems have gotten more expensive now, but also a lot more sophisticated. I replaced mine recently with a newer one after my first one got damaged by lightning.

Have a look at www.sonos.com , for something that is a bit more up to date. It is a bit more pricy than the system above, but will give you much more functionality. The advantage of doing something like this is you could start small and build it up as you go on. For example, to do 4 rooms, you could just get a 2 zone sonos system, and split the speakers from each zone into a switch box to select which room you wanted to play your music in. A bit more expensive but much much more functionality that the system above.

There are a couple of other systems you could look at like QED etc also.

Regards,
    Wexfordman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭blazesoftware

Hi,

Yes I saw those two systems but I'm very much looking for just a simple and cheap solution. Sonos is ideal but not work the money for me. I only want this for background music at parties etc so it would be used infrequently.

Thanks

Advertisement