Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Courier Company To UK

Options
  • 04-04-2006 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Whats the best courier company from Ireland to UK. Im looking for the cheapest that can deliver within a reasonable time 3-4 working days that includes insurance up to around 350 euro or so for a 7kg parcel of ps2 games?

An Post charge 43 euro if i want insurance, is this the best rate ill get or does anyone have any other companies in mind other than the obvious dhl, interlink?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

dvdfan wrote:
    Hi,

Whats the best courier company from Ireland to UK. Im looking for the cheapest that can deliver within a reasonable time 3-4 working days that includes insurance up to around 350 euro or so for a 7kg parcel of ps2 games?

An Post charge 43 euro if i want insurance, is this the best rate ill get or does anyone have any other companies in mind other than the obvious dhl, interlink?

An Post are the cheapest in my experience. DHL and UPS offer great speed (next morning delivery of letters to London for ~€40 which is quite amazing when you think about it!), but they make you pay for it. They will also collect your parcel from your address and are always on time.

An Post is the cheapest, although the max parcel you can send with them is 20kg. I sent a 25kg parcel to America via An Post there recently and they said that they wouldn't have taken it had I come a week later because of their new health and safety laws that forbids staff to handle 20kg parcels. I'm sure the unions were onto An Post management about this...

Anyway, despite an post buracreacy and the fact that you have to lug your parcel to your local office, they are definitely the cheapest (in my experience).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

UPS are very quick. I got a parcel from UK the following day.

Advertisement