Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat phone point

• 04-04-2006 1:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭

Could an old Esat Telecom phone point be the cause, or one of the causes of a line failing the BB test ?. Our town was BB enabled 2 weeks ago, our neighbours lines pass,( 4 houses, one closer to exchange, 3 further away) and because my parents house is about 2kms outside town and houses are fairly well spread out, I don't think line splitters are the problem. To be honest, the internal phone wiring leaves a lot to be desired, sky box, 2 PC's, 3 phones. I am in the process of getting cordless phones, have disconnected the line to sky box, but what can I do about the esat phone point. There is a small juction box on the window ledge which splits the line into both the Eircom and Esat points, but the wiring in it looks pretty complicated, so I don't want to do any damage by trying to disconnect anything myself. Would BT be responsible for that ?

Advertisement