Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FL Studio problem

Options
  • 04-04-2006 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, I've used FL 3.0 for years and always had the ability to set a set amount of bars for a sample to play on 16/32 whatever - I don't have that option anymore in FL Studio. Does anybody know how to do it? It made my life so much easier fitting samples to the kicks so I didn't have to manually adjust it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Can you rephrase your question? I don't quite understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

You put the patterns into a channel in the song arranger window?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Sorry guys. let me try rephrase.. I'm not very up on the technical wording so I'll try my best.

In fruity loops 3, I'd drop a sample that I had cut into the box on the left where it has TS404#1, C_Kick and what not.

See here: http://www.djsound.ru/dj/images/3170/2.jpg

I'd click on the button, we'll take TS404#1 for example and it would bring up options for it.. Let's say the sample length was about 30 seconds.. What I could do was set the sample to like, 32 or 64 or 128 so it would co-incide with the beat and sound right.. It was just a small little box that I changed the numbers of when I clicked on the name of the sample.. I can't do it anymore in FL Studio.

I hope this explains it. As I said, I'm not really down on the lingo and what not so I don't know what you call the panels and stuff..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭dr zoidberg

Is this box what you're looking for?

Registered to Jean Marie Ca...?
    A.K.A. JMC - the owner of Image Line, makers of FL Studio.

Looks like pirated software to me.

• Advertisement

Is this box what you're looking for?

Yes!! Thank you, that's the box. I can't see it anymore in FL studio.. Do you know how to add it on in FL Studio 6.0?

squibs wrote:
    Registered to Jean Marie Ca...?
    A.K.A. JMC - the owner of Image Line, makers of FL Studio.

Looks like pirated software to me.

You do know that image is just some random image from some website? I don't know what you're trying to point out exactly.

I'm just wondering why you didn't ask on the FL forum - free to all registered users, where the FL experts live!

The 'Fit' functionality has been replaced (In version 5) by the more powerful Time Stretching section in the sampler. You can stretch by a multiple of the original length or stretch the sample to be the length you want, depending on which knob you use.

squibs wrote:
    I'm just wondering why you didn't ask on the FL forum - free to all registered users, where the FL experts live!

The 'Fit' functionality has been replaced (In version 5) by the more powerful Time Stretching section in the sampler. You can stretch by a multiple of the original length or stretch the sample to be the length you want, depending on which knob you use.

I didn't know they had a forum. I don't like the idea of manually stretching it.. Is there a way I can just set how long I want it to be like fit in FLS 6? With digits instead of a knob?

By turning the time knob (The value in beats/measures is shown at the top of screen in the status bar so you have exact control) you are doing the same thing as you were doing when you dragged the 'Fit' box to increment the number of bars.

Oh ok, thanks man.

• Advertisement
Advertisement