Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best training required!!!

• 04-04-2006 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to complete a training course that will allow me to familiarise myself fully with my new bike. It's only a 125 but I'd like to be able to feel the full extent of its braking ability under supervision to ensure best practice. Braking on different road surfaces would also be good to experience.

Who offers the best courses in Dublin for this type of training? Is this type of training available?

NiceOne

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Dragstar

Nice0ne wrote:
    Hi,

I'm looking to complete a training course that will allow me to familiarise myself fully with my new bike. It's only a 125 but I'd like to be able to feel the full extent of its braking ability under supervision to ensure best practice. Braking on different road surfaces would also be good to experience.

Who offers the best courses in Dublin for this type of training? Is this type of training available?

NiceOne

Hi NiceOne

I have to recommend Aaron Rider Training. He is absolutely brilliant, and everyone I've said it to has come back to me with glowing reports. He trained me, and I passed my test no problem.

The trainer is Peter, his no. is 086-1739654, and website www.aaronridertraining.com

Have a look and see what you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭phoenix_nights

Will also give them a go when i get the C1. The Back-2-Biking course looks ideal. Any ideas of the cost of the courses.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

Nice0ne wrote:
    It's only a 125 but I'd like to be able to feel the full extent of its braking ability under supervision to ensure best practice. Braking on different road surfaces would also be good to experience.

NiceOne

Enough of the it's "only a 125"; it could still kill ya. Crawl before you walk. Nothing wrong with a 125.

Re training, there are some listed on the FAQ: IRTA, MRTG.

Oh and welcome to the world of 2 wheels! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Dragstar

Will also give them a go when i get the C1. The Back-2-Biking course looks ideal. Any ideas of the cost of the courses.....

It's about €150 for 3 hours, €300 for a full day, but Peter will give you a good price depending on what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Diggles

Check your local county council for the Star Riders scheme. South Dublin, Fingal and Rathdown do it. SDCC are charging about €110 for the silver star course, its 12 hrs over 3 weekends. Well worth it. Check the website at sdcc.ie for details. No I don't work for them, I just completed the course. Good luck and enjoy the bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Any such training courses available in Galway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

wet-paint wrote:
    Any such training courses available in Galway?

http://www.msa-ireland.com/

did the 6 hour Basic course, 3 hours over 2 weekends, runs from Bike Tec shop near Ballybritt. Cost 360eur, including hire of all the gear and bike. Very impressed with it, had never ridden a bike before that, training was done on suzuki rf400, a bit frustrating at the start trying to get the hang of taking off smoothly but it's worth the effort, especially the second session on country roads around Craughwell, i still have a grin on my face.... :D

Advertisement