Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mages: 1.11 Changes

Options
  • 04-04-2006 4:30pm
    Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭

If you have ever visited the WoW mage forums you'll already be bored with the "my ideas for mage changes" threads that pop up constantly such as "Giev instant AOE sheep plx" etc.

I came across this thread however which seems either on the money or close to it. I doubt its actually real though.

See also this article for some more official hints at future changes.

Thanks - you may now start with the "Mages are fine, l2p" & "nerf" posts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

lol, I always thought instant AOE sheep would be a good idea as a joke, for say Halloween or Christmas or April Fools. Imagine the fun :)
    Just for one day though, obviously, but that idea always cracked me up. I'm easily amused :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Doubt they're real to be honest, some of it is a bit much. I do like the guys ideas of having prereqs in other trees though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Multi sheep and invisibilty. Straight away makes me think fake. That said, I'm looking forward to being pleasantly surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Cone of cold with a knockback.

Lal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

want all of that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Oh yeah and mages are fine, L2p.

Nerf Paladins!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Ivan wrote:
    Nerf Paladins!
    Indeed. Take away their bloody noob shield! I hate paladins so bloody much. The only possible was to beat them is to keep them stunned before they can get up their crappy shield. If they get their sheild up you're screwed and there's nothing you can do at all but run away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Binomate wrote:
    Indeed. Take away their bloody noob shield! I hate paladins so bloody much. The only possible was to beat them is to keep them stunned before they can get up their crappy shield. If they get their sheild up you're screwed and there's nothing you can do at all but run away.
    If you're a warlock you can use your succubus to seduce them when they bubble up. Haven't played WoW in long time so not sure if you can still stop them bubble + recall. Though it sounds like you are having problems with them killing you instead of them running away... :)

I have a rogue. I usually go in for the cheap shot try build up as many combo points as possible before they break the stun then gouge them again to get a fifth combo point. when they're stunned I turn on cold blood which will give me 100% chance to crit and I use it with eviscerate to do maximum damage. At this stage I've got them down to about a quarter health. I'd gouge and then backstab but I don't have daggers so I can't backstab so my main ability is sinister strike, so I usually try and just gouge again and try get as many combo points again to use an eviscerate. The only problem is that they aren't stunned for in the last part of the fight so they can attack back, put up their noob shield heal back up to 100% health and then attack again. I'd be able to get them down to maybe 40% health before I lose any health myself but after that it all goes down hill. I've beaten them before by stunning them, going out of combat, stealth and cheap shot again but it's very hard to do when they're two levels higher than you and they've good stealth detection.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

lets not turn this into a nerf "insert class that just ganked me 10 minutes ago" topic.

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

koneko wrote:
    lol, I always thought instant AOE sheep would be a good idea as a joke, for say Halloween or Christmas or April Fools. Imagine the fun :)
    Just for one day though, obviously, but that idea always cracked me up. I'm easily amused :/

I actually have that broken IWIN button in my Bank in case one day the means to fix it comes along!

Fingers crossed :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

What mages desperately need (and I have a 54 Mage), is anything that will make them feel *magical*. Currently mages could just as easily be the rocket launch wing of the hunters! They stand there and do a variety of direct damage spells, all of which are good and fun but beyond summoning water and food (and consequently being treated like vending machines), blink and the occasional sheep, they really dont do any "magic". I'm talking about more teleportations, invisibility or just anything more then root&nuke.

My guild call us "artillery" simply because thats all we do!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

More pink robes like the one from AQ20. Cept this time with a nice flowerly pattern.

Also incase anyone didn't know Shammy's are also getting a review next patch. Hopefully its something to do with removing their spells that cause dmg. Although I suppose that would be comparable with the April 1st patch note "Fixed bug that allowed Rogue's to duel weild weapons". Although personally I have no problem with Shaman's being Horde and all. They make me feel safe in WSG.

I think mages should maybe get their own type of mount, like warlocks. Something like DeV was saying to make them feel more magical, they could get some kind of magical unicorn or something! Different varieties of spells would be cool aswell and different types of crowd control.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

My time in MC etc. consists of the following:

9, 0, 0, 9, 0, 0, 9, 9, 0, 0, 9, 0, 0, 9, 9, 0, 0, 9, 0, 0, 9, 9, 0, 0, 9, 0, 0, 9, 9, 0, 0, 9, 0, 0, 9, drink. Move. 9, 0, 0, 9, 0, 0, 9, 9, 0, 0, 9, 0, 0, 9, 9, 0, 0, 9, 0, 0, 9, 9, 0, 0, 9, 0, 0, 9, etc. etc.

Something to do other than the above would be nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 chomsky

Haha Max, yeah, that's about how difficult it is for me too :(

It get's so tedious.

My time in MC as a rogue is 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 0, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 0.
    Its the same for all classes really unless something goes horribly wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

My time as a priest was 3,3,3,3,1,3,3,3,1 etc

Mage just has more buttons to chose from :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

DeVore wrote:
    My guild call us "artillery" simply because thats all we do!

Does your guild not have DPS warriors or Hunters? Because thats who the current artillery of wow seems to be.

• Advertisement

Indeed. We provide the H2O. Surely nothing can be more important than that... right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

koneko wrote:
    Indeed. We provide the H2O. Surely nothing can be more important than that... right?

Damn bloody right! Trade dispenser even turns you into a vending machine! But I'm an alchem for the guild so I know your pain… FR pot plx, Moongoose plx etc etc.

Thinking about it 1.11 will be a telent review for the two mage types, the clothie vending machine type and the mail wearing totem stomping damage dealing type.

As to what we'll get in the shaman review the main thing outside of the talent tree's themselves is the Totem System, it needs serious changes (not saying buffs). After that as an Elemental shaman I would like to see a way to make our dps more viable on end game raids. When let off the leash we can put certain dps classes to shame *cough*Jim*cough* that’s even dealing with our crappy mana problems. Enhancement needs some loving. Our Healing skills are pretty ok at the moment. But on a whole the 3 tree's need an overhaul we must have more usless talents than the sum of the other classes crap talents put together. And last but not least the long awaited Bloodlust buff ).

As for what MC means in button presses….

When I'm made heal
    ` ` ` 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 ` ` ` 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8

When I'm allowed DPS

` ` ` 2 2 2 2 2 2 *clearcast* 3 2 2 2 2 2 ` ` ` 2 2 2 2 *clearcast* 3 2 2 2

Some common key presses no matter what I do...
    /tar Jim
    /lol
    /mourn

Where ` is my frowning circle trow key (best Shaman mod ever for PvE), 8 is Healing Wave, 2 is LB and 3 is CL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

that constant keypress can be said of any class, except melee have alot more 'WASD's ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

my time in mc consists of finding the nearest healer rightclick follow, alt tab watch videos "XXX just dropped" open wow take item repeat continue, until garr (GRRR BANISHING) then back to the start

Jim > Kayos in dps.
    Other Shamans > Jim in dps.

But thats just because kayos sucks.
    As you say Caó, lp2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

What button presses mean in MC with my hunter :D:

1(autoshoot) with the occasional Feign Death :D

Advertisement