Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WrestleMania Crowd

• 04-04-2006 5:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I loved the crowd. I wish more were more like them - when you consider the market capabilities, most fans want something in between entertainment and pure wrestling. All the shows I've been to here in Dublin have been filled with dickheads who just do what their told. Enough I say, revolt, tell them what you really think.

I'm not exaggerating - I think we're at the crossroads here. For the last few months the heel-face dynamic has gone out the window. It's time for a new age, or personalities who express characteristics of both faces and heels, HHH vs cena tonight was the prime example - look at the heat.

If the wwe thought that they could replicate that next year they wouldn't hesititate to use the same thing. It's great. No more heels vs faces, but personalities against each other, crowds split. If the crowd think that there's a group who's disagreeing with them, they start to factionalise and create the sort of heat you saw on Sunday (not to the same extent - but the theory is the same).

And if WWE ever does reach this stage where heels and faces dont really exist, Cena will be treated as a pioneer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

i loved the crowd too. the crowd loved mickie james and hhh the most. oh, and orton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Crowds that revolt are not really a new thing. Every time they go to Toronto it happens. It happened at the Point in Dublin last year. I think the first time people talk about it ever happening was when Ric Flair who was then the top bad guy got cheered when he beat Ronnie Garvin in the mid 80s.

I agree with you, its fun when you have dueling portions of the audience passiontely hating one guy and loving another.

But the end of faces and heels ? I dont think so. Wrestling is a morality play with an edge. And I don't think that will change. Stone Cold was a badass. But ultimately he was the common guy standing up to the evil boss. He stood up for what was right.

But who knows theirs an interesting dynmamic with Cena and I think they should go with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

This deserves a new thread why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Hostile crowds can be good, eg. WM18 Hogan vs Rock at Toronto...

but they can also be a pain, eg. Summerslam '04 again at Toronto when the crowd started booing practically every babyface - Eugene, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit and even hometown boy Edge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

damn, the crowd made raw awesome last night :D screw heels and babyfaces, theres no such thing any more... personally i love triple h as a wrestler. baby face or heel.. john cena has won some respect from me any way, for the way he took that crowd last night.... he may not be the greatest wrestler in the world but hey he's still champ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I was expecting the crowd to act like they did. There's a big ROH following in Chicago, I'm sure a good few of them were at WM. I'm also sure that a lot of people just joined in with the cheering and booing because they thought it was fun

Matt Hardy gave a good interview at some point last year where he said that at some point, he thinks there's not going to be any faces or heels, just certain wrestlers that some people like and some people hate. It'd be just like any sport really. Heels and faces will never disappear completely though, obviously. They bring a lot of emotion into events, making it better overall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

gimmick wrote:
    This deserves a new thread why?

WTF?? Shut up. How about to talk about how wrestling is potentially changing its very foundation that its storyline's are based on, ie faces and heels maybe?

How about to talk about one of the biggest talking points of WM 22 (the crowd) aswell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Wrestling is built around face V Heel. I think the crowds decision to boo faces and cheer heels is shows a there disatisfaction with the promotion as a whole more than anything else. Its nothing more than poor writing IMO

Advertisement