Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metro Problem Advice....

• 04-04-2006 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭

Right this is the problem i have so just tell me what ye all think
    i should do, I am on metro+ with digiweb and went over my dl
    limit and my dl speeds have been max 15kB/s so i rang them and
    got told my connection has been capped because of going over
    the dl limit. That is all fair but my big problem here is that i have
    been told this will last 3 to 4 weeks before i get my connection
    back to normal so i will have a connection of 15kB/s for the next
    3 weeks at the least and been honest i cant live with that, like cap
    a 4mb connection to 1mbit for the few weeks fair enough but 15kB/s
    is just sad. What would ye do?

Cheers any advise will be great because i aint got a clue what to do here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Jean Luc

hard luck ricey but you can't say you weren't warned!!!
    everyone knew that there was a download limit and that if you exceeded it your connection would be capped..
    and as we are on a contention ratio I don't see why I should have to suffer from slower speeds because someone is downloading the net..
    I know I'm near my limit on the 30gig so I have stopped downloading until the next month..I try and limit myself to what I download..

and I supposed the 15K is to stop ppl from again downloading if they're over their limit...being throtted to 1mb wouldn't have much of an impact on stopping ppl from downloading..
    but going on what you were saying ..3-4 weeks can't be right..it's only supposed to be for the remained of the month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Ya i agree i went over my capp and thats my fault but 3/4 weeks
    is that not a bit harsh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

ricey ditch them as soon as you can get smart, all the exchanges in limerick are now enabled

Well been honest i told the guy on the phone today that i was going
    to cancel because i cant afford to go that long at 15kB/s

I i could even pay extra i would but this is just a joke and i don think
    i have went that much over my limit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

60G cap is fairly big. You must be eating it, piping to /dev/nul or running out of disk space.

ADSL is 4km maybe 5km. LOTS of places even in Limerick City DSL doesn't work. I'm 12.5km from Digiweb base and no DSL here.

We have 4 or 5 using it and we would use about 7.5G per month.

• Advertisement

There is no doubt i use it a lot but i need to use it, there has to
    be a way to do it better then this.

Are ye sure that all limerick smart exchanges are up and running? There
    website still tells me there not, Im in caherdavin and the exchange is right
    across the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

from the smart website

Live exchanges:
    Crown Alley, Coolock, Clontarf, Dolphins Barn, North Main, Summerhill, Beggars Bush, Nangor Road, Ship St, Walkinstown, Whitehall, Santry, Churchfield, Quaker Rd, Dennehys Cross, Wellington Rd, Cork Central, Galway HPO, Mervue, Shantalla, Letterkenny, Roches St, Castletroy, Dooradoyle

Next exchanges (in no particular order)
    Merrion, Ballydowd, Tallaght, Nutley, Dundalk, Waterford Central, Waterford Tycor. More info as soon as.

ring them i i have seen a lot of their vans out your way , was also reading on their forum that i guy d/l 1tb and its no prob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

watty wrote:
    ADSL is 4km maybe 5km. LOTS of places even in Limerick City DSL doesn't work.

By eircom's definition, perhaps. But the other poster was referring to Smart. If you can get Smart's broadband, then get it.

If i can get it digiweb are out, like its just a
    bad way to do things i need my bb for work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Even at a 60gb cap watty, its split with your upload.

For example DL 10gb of linuk distros via torrents and your basically uploading 10gb aswell.

I know everybody doesnt do that, but different strokes for different folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I knew there was a reason I don't use Torrants. Downloaded UBUNTU and burnt CD. About 670M. No doubt when I install it will download more.

I also am unintertersted in Sky Broadband downloads and Kazaa for similar reason. Why should other people use the BW I pay for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Axl

If your cap is 60Gig - what was your usage when they capped you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 martinpw

i had the same problem.i download alot of game demos but i also upload pictures to friends which r big files,i found digiweb to be great tough.i always get between 3 & 4mbs on speedtests.my other mates who r on digiweb use p2p sites.ive seen them downlowd files about 1gb but they upload about 750mb thats nearly 7-8% in total of there roll back a month.use it wisely.enjoy the internet and dont download stuff illegaly.sorry i only joined digiweb 9 months ago and i find there great.READ THE RULES OF URE CONTRACT PLEASE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

Is there any way to check your usage on Digiweb Metro? There are 3 of us using it and I don't know how much everyone is using cumilatively

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Emerson wrote:
    Is there any way to check your usage on Digiweb Metro? There are 3 of us using it and I don't know how much everyone is using cumilatively

http://mytraffic.digiweb.ie/

Advertisement